• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Which Cube Should I Get? Up To Date Recommendations

povlhp

I do not like the complete recommendation of the RS3M.
Out of box it feels dry and has weak magnets. The Meilong 3M/QiYi MS and YLM are more my style - Stronger magnets, and slightly faster. It has the spring compression, so what ?

I am a relative n00b, only started in december, but I fail to see how the RS3M could beat much of what I have. I use regularly: Tengyun V1 (for most solves, low noise), GuHong V4M (light, fast, good magnets, for timed solves), GTS3M (for timed solves). My RS3M I use sometimes. It is smooth, but I can't make it fast enough. It is very heavy with the extra magnets, yet they ar enot as strong as GuHong V4M or GTS3M. I also have the Tengyun V2, and the discounts which are all pretty good (Meilong 3M, QiYi MS, YLM M (in order of preference)). Out of the box the 3 cheap ones are better than the RS3M for me.

So what is it that makes the RS3M so great that I can't see ?

Last edited:

povlhp

It is a shame they don't offer free shipping for very large orders
I hear you can negotiate price and shipping with them on large orders, say a box (not sure if that is 48 or 96) of the same cube. Maybe even with a mix of cubes if you put in an order of above $200.
But buying 10 cubes is not a big order for them, except maybe if you buy the current GAN flagship.

Reactions: qwr

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
Out of box it feels dry and has weak magnets. The Meilong 3M/QiYi MS and YLM are more my style - Stronger magnets, and slightly faster. It has the spring compression, so what ?

I am a relative n00b, only started in december, but I fail to see how the RS3M could beat much of what I have. I use regularly: Tengyun V1 (for most solves, low noise), GuHong V4M (light, fast, good magnets, for timed solves), GTS3M (for timed solves). My RS3M I use sometimes. It is smooth, but I can't make it fast enough. It is very heavy with the extra magnets, yet they ar enot as strong as GuHong V4M or GTS3M. I also have the Tengyun V2, and the discounts which are all pretty good (Meilong 3M, QiYi MS, YLM M (in order of preference)). Out of the box the 3 cheap ones are better than the RS3M for me.

I guess most people like it and it's good on a budget, though maybe the meilong m is an even better deal. I thought my rs3m was slow but after about 20 solves it suddenly gets faster for some reason. So try some breakin solves

ender9994

WCA
2008GROM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
if you buy hundreds of stock from a store, you can usually negotiate with them directly.
Yeah but often only if you buy a lot of the same thing, which I don't usually do. They didn't seem interested in lowering shipping for a large order containing all different things. Can't really blame them since it makes it a much harder order to fill

Reactions: qwr

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
Yeah but often only if you buy a lot of the same thing, which I don't usually do. They didn't seem interested in lowering shipping for a large order containing all different things. Can't really blame them since it makes it a much harder order to fill
ah ok. well ziicube is already the cheapest price for pretty much any cube so can't blame them

SH03L4C3

The orange centerpiece from your main 3x3

maybe you don't like the feeling that the RS3M provides.
Thats OK, everyone is different.
BTW you know you can purchase this for stronger magnets:

povlhp

maybe you don't like the feeling that the RS3M provides.
Thats OK, everyone is different.
BTW you know you can purchase this for stronger magnets:
I am using 4x2mm magnets. N35. I did lube it faster. Still too slow. Just can’t make it like I want it.

povlhp

Did you try loosening the cube a little and doing some breakin solves?
Did many solves on it. Gave it a lube job. So it is smooth. I think it will get too uncontrollable if I losen it much more. And I have plenty of fast easy turning cubes Tengyun V1, GuHong V4M, GTS3M. I know they are all more expensive.
Checked out the Meilong 3M, QiYi MS and YLM 3M against a stock RS3M.
of these I actually think the Meilong was best out of the box with RS3M a little too lose and a little too much difference between colors. So QiYi MS is better out of the box. YLM was the worst of the 4.

I know all can be setup different, and I rarely find something that I feel is great out of the box. GTS3M and GuHong V4M were the closest.

The advantage of the RS3M is clearly its dual adjustment system for custom setups. But the Meilong 3M is better out of box IMHO

And I can’t really make the RS3M 2020 fast enough for my taste.Others also says it slows down or gets slower or whatever. My custom has the very fast lube on tracks and fast lube on pieces (weight 0.1).

SH03L4C3

The orange centerpiece from your main 3x3
Did many solves on it. Gave it a lube job. So it is smooth. I think it will get too uncontrollable if I losen it much more. And I have plenty of fast easy turning cubes Tengyun V1, GuHong V4M, GTS3M. I know they are all more expensive.
Checked out the Meilong 3M, QiYi MS and YLM 3M against a stock RS3M.
of these I actually think the Meilong was best out of the box with RS3M a little too lose and a little too much difference between colors. So QiYi MS is better out of the box. YLM was the worst of the 4.

I know all can be setup different, and I rarely find something that I feel is great out of the box. GTS3M and GuHong V4M were the closest.

The advantage of the RS3M is clearly its dual adjustment system for custom setups. But the Meilong 3M is better out of box IMHO

And I can’t really make the RS3M 2020 fast enough for my taste.Others also says it slows down or gets slower or whatever. My custom has the very fast lube on tracks and fast lube on pieces (weight 0.1).
you must like the snappiness of the magnets. You will like the guhong

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
Sometimes removing lube can also make the puzzle speed up, by virtue of too much lube slowing a puzzle down. My RS3M 2020 follow up post in the screws coming out thread talks about this.