• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Which Cube Should I Get? Up To Date Recommendations

Arrowtlz

So I agree completely with the little mag, and mf3rs2 for 3x3 budget but one thing that gets me is the great. The yj mgc is alright and it could work for some ppl, but overall most people dont have the buggest pull towards it. A cube that should for sure go in great should be mf3rs2m. Its just as good as the most expensive cubes, and should be in that spot. You can keep mgc but for the love of god pls add mf3rs2m. Lol

Iwannaganx

I'm lookin for a new 3x3, I've got $$, but I don't particularly like the WRM or GTS3M. Or the 354. And I'm not allowed to buy a gan x. (Too expensive)
I was looking at maybe a tenyun or gan air sm? What do you guys think?

And for 2x2 expert I really really like the 251, better than the valk 2. What do you guys think?

I'm lookin for a new 3x3, I've got $$, but I don't particularly like the WRM or GTS3M. Or the 354. And I'm not allowed to buy a gan x. (Too expensive)

And for 2x2 expert I really really like the 251, better than the valk 2. What do you guys think?
Tengyun
Do you like the 51 millimeter size? If so, than 251 could be good. I personally am fine with smaller 2x2, I main a Weipo M, I think the Weipo WRM is excellent. I don’t have one yet though:( I would make sure I really like the 251 because it is really expensive, and there are many cheaper, smaller options.
Maybe wait for Gan XS to see price?

Last edited:

Iwannaganx

Tengyun
Do you like the 51 millimeter size? If so, than 251 could be good. I personally am fine with smaller 2x2, I main a Weipo M, I think the Weipo WRM is excellent. I don’t have one yet though:( I would make sure I really like the 251 because it is really expensive, and there are many cheaper, smaller options.
Maybe wait for Gan XS to see price?
Oh I meant for 2x2 expert, not for me just yet. I'm happy for now with my yupo.
And yeah, but the xs is gonna be a bazzilon dollars. But I guess I'll wait...

InfinityCuber

YouTube
Vandana KS
Updated August, 2019 - If you suggest any changes to these recommendations, please comment below which your recommendation and reason for the change. These suggestions are for the community and by the community, so please help keep these suggestions up to date by replying here with changes.
---------------------

Budget - Dirt Cheap Cubes only
Great - Pretty good and you won't have to sell your house
Expert - The best cube on the market

Recommended 2x2x2:
  • Budget: YJ YuPo V2 M - $6.95
  • Great: MGC 2x2 - $9.99
  • Expert: QiYi Valk 2 M - $19.95

Recommended 3x3x3:
  • Budget: Yuxin Little Magic - $4.99 or MoFang JiaoShi MF3RS2 3x3 - $7.95
  • Great: YJ MGC 3x3 - $14.99
  • Expert: Moyu Weilong GTS 3 M - $34.99 or Gan 354 M - $39.99 or GAN 356 X - $61.95 or MoYu Weilong WR M - $38.99

Recommended 4x4x4:
  • Budget: QiYi Thunderclap Mini 4x4 - $12.95 or Meilong 4x4 - $4.99
  • Great: Qiyi Mini Wuque M - $31.95
  • Expert: Angstrom WuQue M 4x4 - $69.99 or MoYu AoSu 4x4 GTS2 M - $44.99

Recommended 5x5x5:
  • Budget: YuXin Cloud 5x5 - $5.49
  • Great: YuXin 5x5 - $13.99 or Yuxin Little Magic M 5x5 - $16.99
  • Expert: Cubicle WuShuang M 5x5 - $64.99 or MoYu AoChuang 5x5 GTS M - $39.99

Recommended 6x6x6:
  • Budget: Cyclone Boys G6 - $19.95 or YuXin Little Magic 6x6 - $14.95
  • Great: Shadow M - $49.95
  • Expert: Shadow M - $49.95 or MoYu Aoshi GTS M 6x6 - $39.99

Recommended 7x7x7:
  • Budget: MoFang JiaoShi MF7S 7x7 - $19.99 or QiYi QiXing 7x7 - $14.95
  • Great: Yuxin Hays 7 - $49.95
  • Expert: Yuxin Hays 7 M - $54.95 or XMan Spark 7x7 - $49.95

Recommended Megaminx:
  • Budget: Qiyi Qiheng - $7.95
  • Great: X-Man Galaxy Megaminx V2 (Sculpted) - $19.99 or YJ MGC Megaminx $22.99
  • Expert: X Man Galaxy v2 M - $29.99

Recommended Skewb:
  • Budget: QiYi QiCheng Skewb - $7.50
  • Great: X Man Wingy Skewb - $13.99
  • Expert: X Man Wingy Skewb - $13.99 or MoYu AoYan Skewb - $18.99

Recommended Clock:
  • Budget: Lingao Clock - $9.95
  • Great: Lingao Clock - $9.95
  • Expert: Lingao Clock - $9.95
Recommended Pyraminx:
  • Budget: QiYi QiMing Pyraminx - $7.99 or Yulong v2 M Pryaminx - $7.99
  • Great: MoYu Magnetic Pyraminx - $13.99
  • Expert: X-Man Bell Magnetic Pyraminx - $14.50
Recommended Square-1:
  • Budget: Qiyi Qifa S - $6.99 or Yuxin Little Magic Square 1 - $6.99
  • Great: X-Man Volt - $13.99
  • Expert: Cubicle Labs X-Man Volt $59.99
-------
There are many places to buy puzzles, and depending on what country you live in, shipping will be cheaper. Below is a list of stores to consider:
What about adding the Yuxin Little Magic 7x7 for budget/Great 7x7?
I've heard it's pretty good, even though I haven't tried it myself.

GAN 356 X

Did you try a tengyun at the comp? what about a valk 3 m? basically everyone likes that cube, betides being old. MF3RS2M? Dyan wang once used it as his main, its cheap, corner cuts good and smoothly, and is supposedly similar to the gts2m if I recollect correctly. Tingman mains to the 251 stickered, because the sticker less version is slightly matte and hard to grip

I'm also looking for a new main for 3x3. I deciding between the GTS3M, WRM, Gan Air SM and the MF3RS2M. Which one would you recommend to me if I want a cube that is stable, smooth and has okayish speed?

Arrowtlz

I have all 4 and for what your looking for it sounds like the mf3rs2m is what your looking for. Its actually on the slower end, but if you turn just a bit harsher, its one of the most controllable cubes ive ever touched, and very enjoyable to turn which is a big factor. The air sm would also be nice but i think the mfm would be better. The gts3 and wr arent very smooth, and are a little uncontrollable and fast. But the strong magnets make up for it. They are all amazing cubes but i think the mf3rs2m would be best. Your welcome

I have all 4 and for what your looking for it sounds like the mf3rs2m is what your looking for. Its actually on the slower end, but if you turn just a bit harsher, its one of the most controllable cubes ive ever touched, and very enjoyable to turn which is a big factor. The air sm would also be nice but i think the mfm would be better. The gts3 and wr arent very smooth, and are a little uncontrollable and fast. But the strong magnets make up for it. They are all amazing cubes but i think the mf3rs2m would be best. Your welcome
thanks

GAN 356 X

I didn't have a chance to try one at the comp, and I don't really want to spend that much on something I might dislike
Ok. Seeing as you tried both the tengyun and the air sm, which one do you honestly like better, disregarding that it is gan and you really want a gan puzzle? Also, would you mum let you buy an air sm? its also stickered only too. I've heard the tengyun feels really glidey, hence its name