• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Which 2x2?

collinbxyz

WCA
2010BURN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Which 2x2 should I get? Ghost hand or maru? I have a lanlan that broke, and I want a 2x2 that's good, but something different. If there is another 2x2 that's even better, you can say that, although from what I know ghost hand, maru and lanlan are best. I want a cube a little faster than lanlan with descent corner cutting. What do you suggest?

cubeslayer

Umm, I recommend the lan lan ( works fine, haven't lubed it...sub 8 avg), however thrwast likes the V-cube 2a...try out w/e floats your boat.

sa11297

WCA
2011AGAR05
YouTube
Visit Channel
v cube if you can afford it.
lan lan is the next best.
then ghosthand coming very close to lanlan
then yj and maru and diansheng and others (in no particular order)
lastly eastsheen which doesnt corner cut, overturns and locks up

maggot

Any info why it's illegal? I couldn't find anything :(

it is an advantage to have a pillowed puzzle because you have a biased view. it is stated that you are not able to use a puzzle in which you would have an advantage. this is why the stickerless guhong is not competition legal. the only reason why the 7x7 is acceptable is because the only available 7x7 are pillowed, assuming you dont use a KO cube, but that is irrelevant.

and grats for bumping a thread which was pointless imho.

splinteh

YouTube
Visit Channel
If you don't mind spending a bit more, go for the v cube or Maru. If you want something that costs a bit less, get a ghost hand/shenshou

cubersunite

I have a LanLan and haven't had a single pop, there are just some oddballs that come from LanLan that have some issues, but the majority work GREAT