• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Where to improve and practice?

linkmaster03

I'm averaging around 33 at the moment. I'm looking for places to improve to break sub-20 average by the end of summer.

Cross (avg of 7): 5.21

F2L (avg of 5): 17.75

2 Look OLL (avg of 5): 4.90

PLL (avg of 5): 6.76

=

I only used inspection time for the cross.

Crzyazn

F2L...cut it down to about 3sec per slot (12 sec F2L)

and since you didn't specify 2-Look PLL, i'm assuming you have everything memorized. Simply put, you need to improve execution (for now, 3.5sec for each PLL seems reasonable)

linkmaster03

Yes I use full PLL, and I take a ton of time recognizing. :( Thanks I'll work on F2L. How can I practice it easily, just scramble, do cross, then F2L and repeat?

Yes, that is how you can learn F2L. For me, I think you should improve cross and PLL first as these are easier to improve than F2L which requires good look ahead plus some speed.

mrbiggs

You're looking for a 40% decrease; you're going to have to improve in all those areas to break sub 20.

How many moves are you doing for the cross? It seems like 5 seconds is long for a 5-7 move cross.

ExoCorsair

WCA
2007CHOI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'd say if you're shooting for sub-30, work on finger tricks and get your LL times down. Your PLL should generally be faster than your OLL, so start there.

Then work on F2L.