• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Where can I find all possible F2L cases(when the corner or edge is another position)?

NFSergiu

The 41 regular F2L cases only work when the corner is in the U layer or in the correct position(DFR) and the edge is in the U layer or in the correct position(FR) both with correct or wrong orientation.

Is there any list with the algorithms that solve the F2L pair for the FR pillar* when the corner or the edge or both of them are in another pillar*?

I know that in the cases described by me, you are supposed to take the pair out in the upper layer and the see what case are you in and then solve using the proper algorithm(one of the 41), but I want to just one algorithm for each possible case.

*pillar=the 1x1x3 vertical block containing an F2L pair.

Thank you!

Zachary Palan

well, when you say pillar, you seem to be talking about columns. there is a method where you avoid doing cross, and do columns first, known as columns first. I am starting to use the method, and I guess you should mess around with the cube for a while and try to learn them intuitively first(as I am doing for columns first)

mDiPalma

sometimes you can do a D move to match up the corner and edge (when the corner is facing down and the edge orientation matches), then take it out and insert

other times you can conjugate it and do a D move to match up the corner and edge (set up to case i mentioned), then take it out and insert

other times you can use a commutator to insert the corner (if the edge is in place)

you can use cube explorer to generate your own algs for all the cases, but I'm not sure they come up often enough to warrant an entire algorithm set for them