• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

When would be a good time to learn 3BLD

WCA
2017GILL04
YouTube
Visit Channel
I am a average cuber for 3x3 i avg around 35-40 I do half F2L and beginner's and i know at least 1/5 of the OLL algs and not alot PLL algs. I was wondering when would be a good time to learn 3BLD and if it is i want a good tutorial. Please help me, i might be going to a competition that has 3BLD and i want to that. So Please help me

Sue Doenim

Now.

I don't know any good tutorials though. I think J Perm and SpeedCubeReview have tutorials on it, and their videos are usually pretty good.

Blindsighted

WCA
2015FARI06
I am a average cuber for 3x3 i avg around 35-40 I do half F2L and beginner's and i know at least 1/5 of the OLL algs and not alot PLL algs. I was wondering when would be a good time to learn 3BLD and if it is i want a good tutorial. Please help me, i might be going to a competition that has 3BLD and i want to that. So Please help me
You should ask these kinds of questions in the random discussion forum or search for an existing thread.;)

Blindsighted

WCA
2015FARI06
But to answer your question...
If you want to do BLD, then it is the perfect time (to start).
I'd recommend Noah's tutorial, it's really good.

Last edited:

AlphaSheep

WCA
2014GRAY03
When would be a good time to learn 3BLD?

The best time to learn 3BLD is whenever you have a cube handy and you have an hour or two of uninterrupted time to watch a couple of YouTube tutorials. You'll want to go slowly through the tutorials, pausing and rewinding often to make sure you're following the concepts. You'll want to choose a time after which you'll have a bit of spare time (at least 15 - 30 minutes) each day for a week or two to practice and revise concepts. You'll need this time to practice tracing your memo, getting used to labeling the pieces and knowing instantly where they go, and solving with your eyes open to make sure you understand how to apply the method, and how to deal with cycle breaks, etc. When you're ready to try your first blindfolded solve, choose a time when you'll have sufficient uninterrupted time when background noise will be as quiet as possible. I picked late evening after everyone else had gone to bed.

Interestingly enough, knowing how to solve a cube sighted is actually not essential for learning to solve it blindfolded (you just have to learn 3 algorithms) so your experience with sighted solving isn't that important.

DanieI

Honestly, it doesn't really matter when you start 3BLD as long as you understand the basic concepts of a Rubik's cube. Sight solving and blind solving are two different things.

js5752

I have to concur with the others, just start. I just started learning it a few weeks ago, and still pretty much suck at it. But like the rest of the cube, it's a matter of practice. Take your time, and practice the blind solving method with your eyes open. It's a good way to see where you're making mistakes. (pun semi-intended).

Have fun.