• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

When does your OH hand get tired?

Steve

WCA
2007SHAW01
When I started OH I had very little endurance and Icould only do about 20 solves a day before my hand started hurting. Now I can do about 70-80 straight, taking breaks in between for scrambling. I was just curious as to when you guys tend to wear out.

Lofty

WCA
2008LOFT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
It used to be that I could do hundreds without being tired at all. I could do multiple averages of 100 in a day. But now I"m starting to lose my endurance, I think all those solves I did hurt my hand so now I only do like 50-100 solves a day.

Johannes91

I always get bored before my hand gets tired, so I don't know. But I've done a couple of averages of 200 at least.

fanwuq

WCA
2008FANW01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I always do like 20 solves. Then practice algs like 50-100 of them.
It takes 2-3 PLL time attacks to be tired. Like right now I just did 2.

nicoJ

WCA
2007KUPF01
It used to be that I could do hundreds without being tired at all. I could do multiple averages of 100 in a day. But now I"m starting to lose my endurance, I think all those solves I did hurt my hand so now I only do like 50-100 solves a day.

well, for me is quite a lot:D
i do less solves a day

anyway, a way to gain strength in the hand is doing secuential moves
like RURURURURURURU.....
things like that that make the hand get tired
also PLL attacks...

dChan

WCA
2007CHAN06
YouTube
Visit Channel
I could probably go a whole day solving 400 cubes one-handed... I havn't really kept count as I don't try to focus on just one event(though I do set aside a specific time slot or number of scrambles for one event when i feel like I need to improve). I don't ever really notice my hand getting tired so much as getting an ache which hapens sometimes when I just cube too much(which means you have to stop cubing for a few hours!). Maybe in the morning I am limited with the number of OH solves I can do but when I am fully warmed up I can probably solve a bunch.

I can solve about 3 average of 12s before i get tired. And the next day I can't do L turns at all. (i use my right hand)

H

hdskull

After the first solve.

I'm just kidding, haha.

It reallly depends on the mood, sometimes if you're in a good mood, the pain goes away.

qqwref

WCA
2006GOTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Well I get tired easily, probably around an average or thereabouts, but the reason is that I deliberately go fast on solves to reach the best times I can. When I just barrel through and do 50+ solves in a row I can definitely complete the solves but my times are 1-2 seconds worse, and it's really worth the break every few solves to shave that time off. For example when I did the real man's average I got an average time of 29 seconds, much worse than I usually do (because I take breaks). But there was no problem actually completing the solves...

Two solves, not even kidding.

Then again I don't practice ever and will be forever stuck in the 30sec range.

Lucas Garron

Administrator
WCA
2006GARR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
That reminds me, I did an avg100 OH yesterday. My hand didn't feel any more tired at the end, really. And even if I had a really bad period (or two) in the middle, my solves at the end weren't any worse than the ones in the beginning (I could prove it with a chart)...

Only if I've been OHing the whole day.. And it's not that my right hand gets tired it's that i feel twinges or like I have a cramp in the back of my pinky due to L turns.

signaly

After about 6 or 7 for me, lol. Also I'm not sure but does it help to have bigger hands for oh because I have fairly small hands?