• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

What's the Fastest Rotation for you?

Fastest Rotation?

• Total voters

Spacey10

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey, so I wanted to see what your fastest rotation was, it might help me and others with algorithm picking. After you have voted, if you want, you can tell everyone why you like that rotation the best.
Note: this is starting from home position which is thumbs on front, index fingers are behind U, and rest are on the back of R and L faces and when the rotation is done you are in home position again.

Last edited:

CrispyCubing

WCA
2019YODE02
YouTube
Visit Channel
IMO z’ is the better than z because I feel like it’s faster to regrip my right hand to the bottom layer as opposed to reaching over the top. (Although using this logic z would be better if you are a lefty) Also I see few people have picked the y/y’ options... yet those are the most common rotations in a CFOP solve. Hmmmm.

xyzzy

Probably x (then x' or z'), but to be honest I'm not sure the question really makes that much sense to ask: the actual time cost of rotations depends on what you're doing before and after the rotations. z/z' rotations shift your grip quite significantly; x/x' require a full regrip on both hands to get back to home grip, but sometimes you don't need to be in home grip anyway; y/y' are the most "neutral" in terms of how they change grip but they're also slower in isolation.

They're all slow. Sometimes you can cancel y or x rotations depending on the algorithm
OP's not asking whether it's slow or not, he's asking which rotation is the fastest, oh and I prefer z rotations, the fastest rotation for me to do in a solve since other rotations like x or y for me requires a "harder" regrip, for example, do 4 z rotations and 3 y rotations.

Last edited: