• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

What's the farthest you ever popped a puzzle?

cubizh

WCA
2014GOME07
YouTube
Visit Channel
While trying to speedsolve a 6x6, a fast R move while the layers were slightly misaligned made three pieces slingshot out of the puzzle. One internal piece went flying off across the hall to a 6m distance. That's the farthest I've ever popped a piece.

I'm curious to know how far other people have popped pieces to, and in what kind of hardware.

MorrisKid101

I was sitting in the passenger seat of my car whilst my Dad was filling it up, and I'd just got my new stickerless GuHong. I was trying to break it in, but the tensions were to loose and a piece flew out and bashed the windscreen. There was no mark or cop in the glass but I did sh*t myself for a second :)

Last edited:
WCA
2012TOWE01
SS6x6 here too.

Actually lost the piece, I know it went across the whole room though. Bought a new piece from cubicle. For two months I couldn't solve that puzzle.

Lchu613

WCA
2014CHUL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I once let my Spanish teacher try out my old, loose Zhanchi.
She promptly popped every piece off except the centers, and one of the edges nearly hit someone in the face.
Also, almost all of the corners came apart

That edge though, flew from one corner of the classroom to the other, must have went 20 feet, if you count sliding

Smiles

YouTube
Visit Channel
mine popped into the next room.
okay the next room was only 2m away but it went around the wall and i was all like wut.

mark49152

Premium Member
WCA
2015RIVE05
YouTube
Visit Channel
I popped a Lingyun edge into a cup of coffee, although it wasn't far away. There were pieces all over the desk and floor - that cube just hates staying together.