• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

What was your first speedcube?

ianography

WCA
2009BOUR01
What was your first speedcube? It has to be a speedcube that is a 3x3 and is not a Rubik's brand. I say this because a Rubik's brand is not really considered a speedcube by most cubers, and it should be a DIY (such as A-V, F-II, Dayan Guhong, etc.). My first speedcube (or atleast DIY) was this piece of junk C4Y Shengen or ShengShou cube.

BigSams

Type A-II with the ridges. Would pop all over the place. What a waste of money.

NeedReality

WCA
2010MARK03
YouTube
Visit Channel
My first "speed cube"* was a Type A-I. I never use it at all anymore because it pops too much and just doesn't feel that great.

*Why do you not consider Rubik's brand cubes to be speed cubes? There are Rubik's DIYs that people use and get respectable times with.

hatter

Puzzleproz diy. I haven't solved it in forever...

Last edited:

ianography

WCA
2009BOUR01
My first "speed cube"* was a Type A-I. I never use it at all anymore because it pops too much and just doesn't feel that great.

*Why do you not consider Rubik's brand cubes to be speed cubes? There are Rubik's DIYs that people use and get respectable times with.

you're right, i should've rephrased that. I sorta meant a cube that was a DIY, but I have seen a few rubiks brands that are GODLY.