• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

What V-Cube(s) are going to be next

Hepheron

What kind of V-cube do you think will be the next one to be sold?
Will it be the 4x4, 8x8, ect...

Swoncen

I hope there will be at least 2 or 3 new cubes out so that shipping is not more expensive then the product I'm buying =)

Rubixcubematt

YouTube
Visit Channel
I hope people will start to use the SEARCH FUNCTION. There was already a thread with an in depth conversation, multiple paged may i add, about what will be the next v-cube. It isn't that hard to use it........

masterofthebass

Premium Member
WCA
2007COHE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I don't think you understand the v-cube mechanism. a v4 will be in equivalent quality as a v6. In order to keep the M slice from misaligning, there has to be a click mechanism. Otherwise, it just won't work. Unless they end up changing the design, the v4 would probably be the worst of the 3 4x4s.

Swoncen

I dont think so.. I think the click mechanism is not that bad.. it helps to align the layers and if you do it fast enough the pieces don't pop. Also I think that the V4 will be more stable in not popping than the V6 because the parts are not so small.. I think the V4 will be better than my Rubiks 4x4x4. We'll see..

Paris

WCA
2008ZIEL01
I don't think you understand the v-cube mechanism. a v4 will be in equivalent quality as a v6. In order to keep the M slice from misaligning, there has to be a click mechanism. Otherwise, it just won't work. Unless they end up changing the design, the v4 would probably be the worst of the 3 4x4s.

and even Frank's mod from 6x6 wont help at all :(

i would prefer the none popping 6x6 :) as a next v-cube

AvGalen

Premium Member
Rotterdam (actually Capelle aan den IJssel), the N
WCA
2006GALE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I dont think so.. I think the click mechanism is not that bad.. it helps to align the layers and if you do it fast enough the pieces don't pop. Also I think that the V4 will be more stable in not popping than the V6 because the parts are not so small.. I think the V4 will be better than my Rubiks 4x4x4. We'll see..

Aaaaah, that really makes sense. The 6x6x6 doesn't pop because of the external faces catching the inner pieces. It pops because I don't move fast enough. Could you maybe explain why it doesn't pop when I don't move it at all? Or could you explain why it pops when it is moving at Dan Cohen speed?

Seriously, the 6x6x6 pops because of the mechanism and the 4x4x4 will have the same mechnism. V-Cubes has heard enough complaints about the 6x6x6 so they know how to fix it. The big question is if they will fix it.