• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

What to do with my ES4x4

pcharles93

WCA
2008HUYN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm wondering what to do with my Eastsheen 4x4 to make it better for speedcubing. I've read a couple of threads on lubing it and most of them with negative results. I adjusted the screws very very little and it's loose enough for me but not enough to pop. Should I just keep breaking it in?

mrbiggs

I lubed mine. It got worse at first, then a little bit better. I didn't lube it much.

I don't know if it's worth it; mine was pretty nice when I got it.

waffle=ijm

Waffo
WCA
2008MANA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
ES 4x4 feels great after some lube. If you lube it, it will feel really sluggish and not really what you expect from putting lube in but after 2-3 hours of just playing around with it the lube gets all over the internals of the cube and turn very smoothly. mine turns really good but still can't cut corners as well as my Rubik's 4x4

I suggest taking the ES 4x4 apart and lube it like that with the exception of the center caps. And put it back together after drying (which will be the biggest pain to your life without that special stand) Despite that it took me almost an entire day putting the ES 4x4 cube back together after lube. I must say it is worth it.

MasakitChan

I was so desperate to remove that rubbery feeling from turning my E4, so I tried to lube it. At first it felt so stiff that it's so hard to turn, then after breaking in and actually solving it a few times it got better, actually super loose, though it still locks up occasionally.