• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

What time counts as Speed Solving?

Escher

Babby
WCA
2008KINN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
meh, there have been plenty of threads like this...

the general consensus is that there is no 'time barrier'.

it is defined by whether you want to solve faster, or just to be able to solve it.

EDIT
oops, tom beat me to it...

qqwref

WCA
2006GOTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Speedsquaring, guys, you're not even trying :p Clearly the shape is a square. (Speedrectangularprisming?)

More seriously, I tend to think of "cubing" as involving all twisty puzzles - the 'cube' just comes from the Rubik's Cube, which by far was the most popular and most common twisty puzzle. And speedcubing/speedsolving is just trying to solve twisty puzzles as fast as you can. Of course you're still a speedcuber if you don't solve the 3x3 :p

d4m4s74

WCA
2009ZALI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
if you time your solves and try to get faster it's a speedsolve in my opinion

it fits in the same thread:
when should you start thinking of competing?

Last edited:

qqwref

WCA
2006GOTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
when should you start thinking of competing?

As soon as you have a competition nearby. If you don't go to competitions because you think you are too slow, you're just missing out on a valuable experience. Even when you average about a minute, you're still unlikely to be the slowest person there, and people in competitions won't look down on you just because you are slower.