• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

What thread should every user on the forum see?

Cool Frog

This forum has had some AMAZING threads. I really miss all the great threads we have had, and I think that some of the newer users are missing out on some of the buried gems. So, what are those great threads that every user should see? Be it educational, "meme" creating, documentation, or some of the most resourceful places.

I'll start us out with one of the best tutorials for something that, in my opinion, every cuber should know how to do: Commutators

Guides and Tutorials

"How to Practice" : A guide on a proper and methodical way of practicing to improve your times.

"FMC tips and techniques"

"Commutators": A wonderful tutorial that will teach you the basics of making your own algorithms and doing BLD efficiently.

"FAQ: New Cuber Edition" is filled with all the most asked questions and answers for new users.

"Solving Methods": Made by one of the best cube thinkers of all time, Kirjava, on methods and constitutes different parts.

"Zeroing" A tutorial on the very advanced method of Zeroing! A must read.

"Review of most 3x3s" Certainly a tad outdated, but gives a nostalgic look at the past.

Classic videos

"7.08": Erik Akkersdijk's WR 3x3 single that went uncontested for more than two years

Meme makers

"speedcubin": Speedcubin

"the ALOT takeover": THE ALOTs TAKEOVER

"Sexy move" The song that (sorta) started it all

"The Carrot" or "The Onion" for cubing

"Petrus"

Last edited:

Dacuba

It would be great if you put all mentioned threads into your original post. ( in groups like "Recources", "memes", etc., maybe also something like "3x3x3" or methods instead)
And put a very brief decription of its content, if the title doesn't give it away.

Just an idea to make this sticky worthy. I always missed something like that.

curtishousley

I'm glad I looked through this, all those avatars of some random yak looking creature manipulated tons of different ways finally makes sense! Ever since joining the forum I have been wondering what that dang thing was lol. I am now a fan of the 'ALOT'.

ben1996123

Banned
WCA
2009WHIT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm glad I looked through this, all those avatars of some random yak looking creature manipulated tons of different ways finally makes sense! Ever since joining the forum I have been wondering what that dang thing was lol. I am now a fan of the 'ALOT'.

oLItdgj.png

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results