• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

What settings do you use on your Gan 11 M Pro's?

Jam88

YouTube
Visit Channel
I use the triangular corner to centre magnets, the corner edge ones are in the middle, and I use the dark blue GES thingies, and the white tension nuts are flush( I believe that this is setting one).

E.Thr33

• Distancing nuts: light blue, setting 1
  • Tension nuts: 4 clicks (of 5, after resetting flush)
  • Magnets: triangle rods, setting 2 (medium)

I haven’t tried a lot of the settings, and recently tightened the tension nut from 3 clicks to 4 clicks after wanting more stability when doing certain PLLs. Now it is less forgiving and feels too stable (or maybe ‘blocky’ is a better descriptor). I am curious about the other settings which is what brought me to this thread.

I’m wondering if I might hit the sweet spot I’m looking for with:
  • hex rods, light blue nuts (on setting 1), and 3 clicks on tension nuts; and/or
  • some combination with the dark blue nuts (on setting 2)

I think some of the YouTube videos I’ve watched are mischaracterizing the rods. The hex rods aren’t ‘stronger’ in the sense that all settings with the hex are stronger than triangle ones. Instead, as with the distancing nuts where there are 4 distances alternating across the two nuts, there are 6 magnetic strengths alternating across the two rods. The triangle is to the hex, as light blue is to the dark blue.

It makes exploring your preferences through adjusting the various settings a real pain!

Too much guesswork and uncertainty. And I’m hoping we can cut that down with others sharing their experiences. Thanks Jam88 for starting this thread!

Last edited:

RoundUpCubing

YouTube
Visit Channel
  • Distancing nuts: light blue, setting 1
  • Tension nuts: 4 clicks (of 5, after resetting flush)
  • Magnets: triangle rods, setting 2 (medium)

I haven’t tried a lot of the settings, and recently tightened the tension nut from 3 clicks to 4 clicks after wanting more stability when doing certain PLLs. Now it is less forgiving and feels too stable (or maybe ‘blocky’ is a better descriptor). I am curious about the other settings which is what brought me to this thread.

I’m wondering if I might hit the sweet spot I’m looking for with:
  • hex rods, light blue nuts (on setting 1), and 3 clicks on tension nuts; and/or
  • some combination with the dark blue nuts (on setting 2)

I think some of the YouTube videos I’ve watched are mischaracterizing the rods. The hex rods aren’t ‘stronger’ in the sense that all settings with the hex are stronger than triangle ones. Instead, as with the distancing nuts where there are 4 distances alternating across the two nuts, there are 6 magnetic strengths alternating across the two rods. The triangle is to the hex, as light blue is to the dark blue.

It makes exploring your preferences through adjusting the various settings a real pain!

Too much guesswork and uncertainty. And I’m hoping we can cut that down with others sharing their experiences. Thanks Jam88 for starting this thread!

I tried the nuts on 2 and its already extremely loose, even with 5 clicks (6). I wouldnt recommend it.

Gnome

WCA
2011CARP01
YouTube
Visit Channel
My own settings:
  • Light blue on 1 for the inner nut
  • 3 clicks on the outer nut
  • Triangular core magnets on setting 2
I average 17, on a good day, and I use Roux.

I also have all of the inner nuts perfectly lined up with the outer nuts .. because it makes me feel happy :cool:

Waffles

I wish I owned the GAN 11 M Pro.
Personally (my thoughts) and from experience, I think it’s extremely overrated. Again, it’s possible that I didn’t like it because of the settings, but it didn’t even turn that well! To be honest, it was a good innovation... back in 2020. Personally I prefer something like WRM 2021 or RS3M.

hellocubers

Personally (my thoughts) and from experience, I think it’s extremely overrated. Again, it’s possible that I didn’t like it because of the settings, but it didn’t even turn that well! To be honest, it was a good innovation... back in 2020. Personally I prefer something like WRM 2021 or RS3M.
But I have a good cube. So I would not buy it.

YouTube
Visit Channel
Right now, I think that there is absolutely no reason to get the Gan 11 M Pro, when you can get the Duo instead. Even though it doesn't have the magnet adjustments, I've heard that the pro magnet adjustments weren't even that helpful and people tend to use the strength that is in the Duo. Other than that, everything in the 11 M Pro is also in the 11 M Duo.