• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

What minimal cubing for numerous months does to you

WCA
2019TROF04
This thread will just be me talking about my first serious averages in many months, primarily because school and loss of motivation.

First off is 2x2. I used to average 5-6 seconds, and with an average of 25, I got a 7.01, with a best of 4.26 and a worst of 19.68. Not as bad as I thought it would be. Imainly had worse recognition and slightly worse execution.

On 3x3, when I was pretty conistently sub-19, I am now 22.02 according to an average of 12. my best was 17.46, and worst was 33.45. I forgot most OLLs I learned, along with the G perms, and F2L was a bit slower than usual. More coming after I take a break.

Nir1213

YouTube
Visit Channel
I have school so I cant cube most of the time, and even on sunday or saturday i have something to do. So I only have 1 day to do cubing. Because of this anytime i learn an alg i forget it because of lack of practice :(

WCA
2019TROF04
Second part of no cubing for months.

I did another 2x2 average of 5 and got a 10.28, best of 5.85, and a worst of 15.35. I forgot multiple Ortega algorithms, and I am very inconsistent.

With a 4x4 average of 5, I got 1:28.34, best of 1:24.83, worst of 1:42.74. My former average was around 1:15, most of the time difference is me forgetting the color scheme and a slower 3x3 stage. I am still pretty consistent.

abunickabhi

WCA
2013GHOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I forget my UF/UFR algs few months after no practice in 2019. I remember all my DF algs, as I have practiced DF more in the past. I hope I can get to the point where I do not forget UF algs too if I do not do any blindsolving for a few months.