• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

What Is Your Main Speedcube? (Community Poll)

WCA
2010BURN01
YouTube
Collinbxyz
Thread starter #1
There have been numerous threads like this before, but the most recent one that I'm aware of is from 2012, so I thought it'd be worth asking again, particularly with the myriad of cubes that have come out recently. This may also be able to help some people in deciding upon what cube(s) they should get.

So what's your main 3x3? (Poll here)

(I decided to make this poll through Google Forms instead of on Speedsolving because of the limit of how many choices are available, as well as the ability in Google Forms to type in an "other" choice.)

I'm also asking this for use in a video that I'm working on, in which I will be comparing the top 10 speedcubes on the market. The opinions of many are much better and far more telling than mine alone.

Thanks to all who participate!

Cubeologist

Premium Member
YouTube
Cubeologist42
Give it a few weeks and the numbers on the AoLong will be a lot higher. It isn't that great out of the box, but once you break it in and lube/tension it correctly it is the best cube I have ever felt. But then again I am not that fast, so maybe the fast people will not like it.

kcl

WCA
2013LEJE03
YouTube
kennanlejeune
Give it a few weeks and the numbers on the AoLong will be a lot higher. It isn't that great out of the box, but once you break it in and lube/tension it correctly it is the best cube I have ever felt. But then again I am not that fast, so maybe the fast people will not like it.
dang.. You honestly nailed it. The thing is awesome.

I've had mine for five days now and its still getting faster and faster.

Eva

That 62% of the voting is for other is a bit high.
Can you see what people have filled in there?
Maybe you/we need to search for a poll,were everybody can add a new choice (like sometimes on fb).
Otherwise you could also make a spreadsheat on google docs and everybody increases the number by one what there speedcube is or sets an I behind the name (maybe to easy to make a mistake?).

Btw,mine is the ChiLong.

WCA
2010BURN01
YouTube
Collinbxyz
Thread starter #13
I went through the results and deleted those that were obviously fake ("Alpha V" and "Shuang Ren" were each repeated a couple hundred times in a row). Here are the (rather interesting) results.

http://bit.ly/SYT1bK

It should be noted that I didn't go through all of the "other" answers, so there may be a some more cubes that have a vote or two and that aren't shown on the graph.

Last edited:

kcl

WCA
2013LEJE03
YouTube
kennanlejeune
I went through the results and deleted those that were obviously fake ("Alpha V" and "Shuang Ren" were each repeated a couple hundred times in a row). Here are the (rather interesting) results.

It should be noted that I didn't go through all of the "other" answers, so there may be a some more cubes that have a vote or two and that aren't shown on the graph.
Interesting. I expect to see the aolong numbers rise dramatically. It's become my main over the liying.

WCA
2011CHOI04

Thanks, you made it better