• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

What is the "fridrich" of 2x2x2 cubing?

N

newbiecubie

My current best is 5.10 using corner changing algs from my 3x3. So my question, whats is the fastest (in your opinion) method?

Johannes91

Depends on what aspect of Fridrich you mean. A similar method for 2x2x2 is naturally LBL:

1. First layer.
2. Second layer.

But if you want to know what method is most popular or has most tutorials, I'm not sure.

Leo

I think most people, for speed, learn several, including Guimond and Ortega.

Kenneth

Not Alot
WCA
2005GUST01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Best?, well, one look, only about 3.5 million cases, ca 9 turns on average :p

After that are some methods averaging 12-13 turns like the EG method and the 2-step Guimond, knowned only by it's inventor (I have seen some scans of hand written papers describing the method, Geatan sent them to Gustav Fredell some years ago for valuation but Gustav did not fully understand it so he sent it to me... I had the same problem =)

Last edited:

Wacky

I'm curious to hear about 2-step guimond...

As in, orient with top and bottom colours treated as the same (1 then 2+3) then one step permute, or orient and separate layers then one step permute (1 + 2 then 3) or ...??

masterofthebass

Premium Member
WCA
2007COHE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Timothy Sun uses a method basically 2 step Guimond. You get 3 corners of 1 color, and then use a layer safe orientation alg. If you know MGLS, then you can attempt to use it for this, but Tim's algs are way 2x2 optimized.

Kenneth

Not Alot
WCA
2005GUST01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Guimond was something like orient in the first step and then sort out pairs to solve the rest, both vertical and horizontal pairs (AUF changes the vertical ones). I'm not really sure how he did that but he presented a couple of solves when we ran a 2x2x2 FMC at SveKub for some weeks in the same period. Joël and Per also participated so then may also rememer that method a little?

Last edited: