• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

What is the best cube brand

What is the best cube brand

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CubeRed

Good question. All brands have their pros and cons. (I mean, except Rubiks.) It all depends on what standard you consider a cube to be "good" and what you think of "good" prices for them. Overall GAN isn't really worth the price but it does have cool innovations (Core magnets, Numerical IPGs, cool boxes?) YJ is more of a specialty in big cubes. The MGC line is almost dominating. Qiyi has came out with the x man series and the Tornado V2 has gained some interest. Yuxin is most well known for the Little Magic budget cube line. Moyu is loved by many with the RS3M and WRMs. They are also the first company to have the Maglev system used in their cubes.. Dayan I don't really know much of, same with Shengshou. These are some overall views, but I'm pretty new to the community so make sure to listen to other people too!

A mythical land filled with talking Ducks
WCA
2022MCCO11
While there is no inherently "best brand" I'm going to judge by historic impacts and when doing that I'm going to give the ticket to Qiyi. While I am very highly biased towards them considering I love their cubes I truly believe they've made the biggest impacts. Before Qiyi came on the scene Squan had absolute trash hardware but Qiyi completely changed the event with one single release. They brought us some great pyraminx puzzles and released an amazing Skewb with a fascinating design providing the best grip of any Skewb before it. Even today with so many hardware advances we still see Qiyi revolutionizing cubing. We had the first good clock ever made (shut up Angstrom clock), fully magnetic! It completely changed how people view the event and people actually became interested in it and the mockery of the event plummeted. They also brought us budget magnetic cubes (the MS series) that changed how people viewed cheap prices as we watched many top cubers main these. It then encouraged other companies like Moyu to try to further advance budget cubes by doing stuff like adding adjustability outside of a standard spring and screw and now we're at the point where people like me main an $8 cube over a $45 flagship.

They then went even further by making a flagship really affordable and even cramming in 125 possible adjustment! This in turn inspired other companies to follow this path (shut up GAN) creating better, cheaper, more adjustable flagships with innovations mass-produced before.

I'll give Dayan 2nd place. Maybe a die hard Dayan mallard can give you their opinion on why they're no.1

Last edited:

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
Considering MoYu and YJ are owned by the same company, I will be talking about them as 1.
They have not been for years. That means you should redo your post

I like Dayan puzzles for their uniqueness but I might have to go with Moyu for just how many good releases they have.

Good question. All brands have their pros and cons. (I mean, except Rubiks.) It all depends on what standard you consider a cube to be "good" and what you think of "good" prices for them. Overall GAN isn't really worth the price but it does have cool innovations (Core magnets, Numerical IPGs, cool boxes?) YJ is more of a specialty in big cubes. The MGC line is almost dominating. Qiyi has came out with the x man series and the Tornado V2 has gained some interest. Yuxin is most well known for the Little Magic budget cube line. Moyu is loved by many with the RS3M and WRMs. They are also the first company to have the Maglev system used in their cubes.. Dayan I don't really know much of, same with Shengshou. These are some overall views, but I'm pretty new to the community so make sure to listen to other people too!
Dayan make really quiet and smooth cubes

Personally, with the cubes that i use and have heard about, i would put moyu and gan both first with dayan and yj both second

gan cubes, while expensive give me performance i cannot find on any other cube, moyh has really fast and smooth feeling cubes and they have made the first mass produced maglev cubes, which i think is a big thing

i love how quiet dayan cubes and their unique feel make them really enjoyable to use
And the yj mgc line is just too good to not place high