• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

what EP algs should i learn?

ganuwoahh

WCA
2015MATT06
YouTube
Visit Channel
i just started my sq1 journey a week ago. i learnt how to solve it, learnt full EO and CP, both parity algs and all that good stuff. but I still haven't learnt any new EP algs mainly because I have no idea where to start.

CS -> CP takes me about 10-15 seconds rn but EP alone takes 10-15 seconds because I'm only using adj-adj

so can someone let me know what ep algs i should learn? obviously not all of them but give me like 10-15 algs to try first

All the EPLLs, like Z, U, H and all that, then maybe the cases where you have double PLL on top and bottom, for example, Z/Z or U/U, see Brandon Lin's video on the EPs that all square 1 solvers must know, also, you can learn speed optimal algs intuitively using just combos and triggers, for example, adj/adj then adj adj again, gives a U perm, adj/adj then ADF and AUF then adj/adj gives you a Z/Z and etc.

Sub1Hour

i just started my sq1 journey a week ago. i learnt how to solve it, learnt full EO and CP, both parity algs and all that good stuff. but I still haven't learnt any new EP algs mainly because I have no idea where to start.

CS -> CP takes me about 10-15 seconds rn but EP alone takes 10-15 seconds because I'm only using adj-adj

so can someone let me know what ep algs i should learn? obviously not all of them but give me like 10-15 algs to try first