• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

What do you think?

Athefre

I've actually recommended this to 2 beginners.

I gave them your site because I don't think beginners should be learning to solve it "upside-down" from Jasmine's site.

Johannes91

Yea, solving LL on bottom is really stupid. I have no idea why people say Jasmine's site is good.

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
Oh, cool. Glad it helped them. I've taught many people with it, if you see anything that I need to improve on to make it easier to understand, I'd like to hear them. Thanks for your comments.

Athefre

Yea, solving LL on bottom is really stupid. I have no idea why people say Jasmine's site is good.

I think his beginner site should be the one that everyone recommends now.

PJK, I have something you could change on your site if you want. It's simple but I like it. There is a 5 move algorithm to place a corner that has white on top in U. F2U'F2UF2

MasterofRubix

Originally posted by Johannes91@Jul 26 2006, 05:14 PM
jasmine's site isnt that bad, LL is only on the bottom when solving F2L, you flip it over afterwards, and its not really a habit thats unchangeable. I used that method when i started and i turned out ok. and its good for the beginners to actually see what they are doing when forming the cross, seeing how everyone says it is done intuitively. beginners dont really get that when i tell them that.

and while im at it, im making a rubiks site for my peeps at school. if anyone can go have a look at what i already have id appreciate it. itll be cool to have criticism from cubers from all around the world. just click on the WWW button.

Johannes91

I agree, cross is easier to solve on top. But after that it would be better to turn the cube around, because F2L is much better to solve with cross on bottom. I don't get why several beginner methods recommend having cross on top, I can't see any reason for that.

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
On my guide, if you notice, I don't say whether to place it on top or bottom until after it is solved. For me now, I solve the cross on the bottom without rotating the cube, and then jump directly into the F2L. It just takes practice either way.

cubeobsession

I find it much easier to solve F2L with the cross on the bottom. When I learnt how to solve I always started by forming the cross on the bottom so it is just natural for me. I have heard a lot of people also like to have the cross on the left.