• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

what do you think are the limits to the WR of every current event right now?

aerocube

when we got the 3.47 WR,i remember some people saying in the comments under the video that we wouldn't get a WR for a while now and that made me wonder what the probable limits for a WR in each event was (most of these are singles)
here's what i came up with
2x2:0.3x,below this seems pretty hard as you have no rehearsal time and it's just pickup and drop
3x3:sub-3,unless you get a scramble that's just a forseeable quick finish (anything up to 5 or 6 moves) the only way to get this would be XX cross and maybe PLL skip
4x4:15-14 seconds,the UWR is currently 16 and i think maybe that could be dropped just a little bit with an insane 3x3 stage
5x5:28 seconds? i think sub-30 may be possible
6x6:5x.xx seconds,i think sub-1 is possible but only by max park at the moment
7x7:not really sure,maybe 1:3x.xx
OH:4 seconds
BLD:sub-10 is probably possible in the future
FMC:this will eventually hit something like 10 moves and will probably stay like that for a very long time
mega:this has a lot of freedom so i'm gonna go with a conservative guess and say 25-24 seconds
feet,clock and squan:no idea
MBLD:i'm guessing it might hit high 70s/low 80s
4BLD:sub-1 is possible,it might hit sub-50 too
5BLD:sub-2 is all i'm gonna guess
skewb:sub-5
pyra:not sure,maybe sub-5 too?

PetrusQuber

I'm not sure how you start for all of these comps, but it occurs to me you'll need to be able to pick up your cube and drop it, which will take around a second added together, so there is a definite fixed point for each competition.
Also, human hands' turning speed is defined, and there is no way to get past that. You're not going to be doing 60 moves per sec.

My opinion is that new WRs won't be set without luck, and at this point, it may be whether you get PLL skips or lucky XXXCross or something (talking about CFOP 3x3)

aerocube

I'm not sure how you start for all of these comps, but it occurs to me you'll need to be able to pick up your cube and drop it, which will take around a second added together, so there is a definite fixed point for each competition.
Also, human hands' turning speed is defined, and there is no way to get past that. You're not going to be doing 60 moves per sec.

My opinion is that new WRs won't be set without luck, and at this point, it may be whether you get PLL skips or lucky XXXCross or something (talking about CFOP 3x3)
pickup and drop doesn't take a second to do,and you can just peform moves as soon as you pick the cube up (i.e use the momentum to do sledge or whatever for 2x2,or u perm for skewb)
not every WR will be set on luck,stuff like 6x6 and 7x7 + BLD events have a huge gap between WR and WB

CarterK

WCA
2015KUCA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I think it's silly to think about "limits", especially when we don't even know what methods are best for some events

2x2:0.3x - Maciej has .2x on stackmat
3x3:sub-3 - WB is already sub 3 lol, 10 TPS on a 20mover gives 2.0, and both 10 TPS and 20 moves can be improved.
4x4:15-14 seconds - You gotta realized that as you get bigger, the more freedom there is (and more room to improve) With better hardware and luck I'm sure it could be a lot less
5x5:28 seconds - Same thing as 4x4, and yauvolution is happening
6x6:5x.xx seconds - Again bigger cube, and again we don't even know if we're using the right method
7x7:not really sure,maybe 1:3x.xx - This is like barely any improvement to the current wr lol
OH:4 seconds - Using roux, lets say there's a 20 mover. 5 tps isn't that great, I can get that
BLD: sub-10 is probably possible in the future - I mean considering people have sub 10s on other people's scrambles that they've tried, yeah definitely. There will be a stupid 4 alg scramble or something that someone will get a 7 or 8 on.
FMC:this will eventually hit something like 10 moves and will probably stay like that for a very long time - ehhhh maybe, you gotta realize how unlikely 10 moves is actually. With enough time, maybeeee, but I'm doubtful.
mega:this has a lot of freedom so i'm gonna go with a conservative guess and say 25-24 seconds - It has more freedom and yet you only improve by 2 seconds? lol.
MBLD:i'm guessing it might hit high 70s/low 80s - We can do a ton better in both memo and exec.
4BLD:sub-1 is possible,it might hit sub-50 too - Stanley already has a 54. With floating and 1 alg/sec and a good scramble you can get 18 second exec (or faster) and sub 20 memo is very possible in the near future
5BLD:sub-2 is all i'm gonna guess - Let's assume alg per second is a little worse than 4bld, so maybe exec will be 45. That leaves 1:15 for memo which can already be done lol.
skewb/pyra:sub-5 - Yeah limits for these events are 7 and 6 respectively. I'm not sure these are possible (best execution I've gotten on a practiced 7mover on skewb is .6) pyra may be possible with basically doing tips with pickup and having a 2 move body though.