• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

RubiksJake12

Does anyone know of a cube that is similar to the CX3? I've read that the Huanying is somewhat crunchy, is that true?

Zeotor

What are three 3x3x3s that perform the best in objective areas (such as speed and corner cutting) with the least maintenance? I am asking about performance out-of-the-box as well as over time.
Thank you.

kcl

WCA
2013LEJE03
YouTube
Visit Channel
What are three 3x3x3s that perform the best in objective areas (such as speed and corner cutting) with the least maintenance? I am asking about performance out-of-the-box as well as over time.
Thank you.

Weilong, Zhanchi, Fangshi Shauangren, CX3. Any are great cubes.

Out of them I would say the weilong and zhanchi are the best out of the box.

RubiksJake12

I have a GansIII on the way. Are there no other crunchy cubes aside from the CX3 and Gans III? Zhanchi I understand. Weilong V2 I've heard multiple times smooths out once broken in. There have to be more crunchy cubes out there.

rockstarrev

WCA
2014KOLL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I've heard that a Gans feels very cheap and flimsy. If you like crunchy cubes you could try a Weilong v2.

Yeah, when you are used to a weilong or a zhanchi, this cube feels very light. Sometimes it locks up, as it has less corner cutting and it feels flimsy. But it performs really well. It does not feel cheap though... If you like a zhanchi, i think you will like the feel of a Gans

Evolution

What cube is the most closely related to the ShengShou Aurora's accuracy and control ability? I have the Moyu Weilong and it is just too inaccurate for my tastes (over shooting). I really like the accuracy and feel of my Aurora, but I am interested in buying another cube. Any recommendations? I also have a Zanchi but I let a friend borrow it.

kcl

WCA
2013LEJE03
YouTube
Visit Channel
What cube is the most closely related to the ShengShou Aurora's accuracy and control ability? I have the Moyu Weilong and it is just too inaccurate for my tastes (over shooting). I really like the accuracy and feel of my Aurora, but I am interested in buying another cube. Any recommendations? I also have a Zanchi but I let a friend borrow it.

I would say try a guhong v2, do the 48PEM. Ignore RJ, he'll tell you to overlube the weilong.