• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

cubeone

Thinking of getting a 55mm zhanchi as my main after looking around some reviews. My current 57mm is good but locks up a lot after my fail modding no matter what i do to it, it's also tricky to control.

I'm used to black cubes but white cubes always seem to have that "smoother" feel that I prefer, I don't know if this is physically true or just a kind of feeling I get.

My hands are fairly small, I do feel the 57mm is just a touch too large which explains the difficulty controlling.

So what should I go for? 55mm or 50mm? white or black?

I have no experience with the 50mm, but the black 55 mm that I have is actually quite smooth (I have done no mods and I have probably done around 100 solves with it), which is what other people have said about them as well. Also, the 2mm difference is actually very noticeable, so I do recommend the 55 if I want a smooth, small cube.

Fire Cuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Buying help! What's The best between these three cheap Cubes?

I have 3 cubes to decide what to get here, I haven't followed the cubing-hardware-world for a pretty long time here, so Help me?

They are

Alpha VF(F5)
http://51morefun.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=133&products_id=141

Yong Jun Type DII
http://www.amazon.com/Type-YongJun-YJ-Speed-VVGOO-II/dp/B0046DP2AA

QJ 3x3
http://51morefun.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=108&products_id=219

What should I get? What do you think is the best? What are their pros&cons?

Note, I am not planning to get anything like Dayan Guhong or something. Just need to decide between these.

I need your help, thanks!

Speedmaster

I want to buy a guhong v2 and there are a few questions
- i've tried the guhong v2 from a normal cubing shop, and it has this special feeling, compared to the guhong v1, i love it. Does a guhong v2 from lubix also has this special feeling? or should i buy it in a normal shop.
- I've got a lubix fusion, is it the same as the guhong v2? some people say that.
- I've been using a normal Zhanchi as my main cube, for a year now, but it pops and it#s slow, because it has about 100 000 solves, and once upon a time, i lubed it with some destroying lube..., Is the difference between the normal Zhanchi and the lubix zhanchi big? should i buy it?
- what of the two cubes should i buy, or should i buy both of them? I already have a lubix fusion, which is much better then my normal guhong and a Zhanchi
Thx

MostEd

WCA
2012BETA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I want to buy a guhong v2 and there are a few questions
- i've tried the guhong v2 from a normal cubing shop, and it has this special feeling, compared to the guhong v1, i love it. Does a guhong v2 from lubix also has this special feeling? or should i buy it in a normal shop.
- I've got a lubix fusion, is it the same as the guhong v2? some people say that.
- I've been using a normal Zhanchi as my main cube, for a year now, but it pops and it#s slow, because it has about 100 000 solves, and once upon a time, i lubed it with some destroying lube..., Is the difference between the normal Zhanchi and the lubix zhanchi big? should i buy it?
- what of the two cubes should i buy, or should i buy both of them? I already have a lubix fusion, which is much better then my normal guhong and a Zhanchi
Thx

Go for lubx guhong v2, i've got one, and a std dayan 2v2, i like both, but i've broken in the lubix to such extent that its sooo smoooth, a lubix guhong v2, is very different from a fusion, the fusion has those unnescesary torpedoes, which make it feel weird, i've used a guhong v1 with the fusion torpedoes, feels very different.
Buy whatever, but make sure to use good lube.

zN8

So my birthday is next week, and I want some cubes, I have a Rubik's 3x3, and a LanLan 4x4, and a Mirror Cube. Here's what I'm interested in

MoS87.png

Any other cubes you'd recommend, not recommend? Different brands? Sellers?

BlueDevil

WCA
2011LOWR01
So my birthday is next week, and I want some cubes, I have a Rubik's 3x3, and a LanLan 4x4, and a Mirror Cube. Here's what I'm interested in

http://i.imgur.com/MoS87.png[/IMG

Any other cubes you'd recommend, not recommend? Different brands? Sellers?[/QUOTE]

I'd suggest the Zhanchi, 5x5, and Pyraminx (and megaminx if you pick a 4th)

[URL="http://thecubicle.us/index.php"]thecubicle.us[/URL] has all of these at cheap prices (with free shipping to the US). If you'd like to go to a competition, i suggest getting a stickered Zhanchi because stickerless are illegal in competition.

There are better (more expensive) brands of pyraminx and megaminx out there, but until you decide that you really like one and want to get better at it, QJ is a cheap, yet pretty good quality brand.

Last edited:

zN8

I'd suggest the Zhanchi, 5x5, and Pyraminx (and megaminx if you pick a 4th)

thecubicle.us has all of these at cheap prices (with free shipping to the US). If you'd like to go to a competition, i suggest getting a stickered Zhanchi because stickerless are illegal in competition.

There are better (more expensive) brands of pyraminx and megaminx out there, but until you decide that you really like one and want to get better at it, QJ is a cheap, yet pretty good quality brand.
Not illegal in BLD :p ,, but I'm a fairly new into cubing, apprx a month, Plus there are no competitions in New York, so I'd doubt I will go to one anytime soon, so I don't mind getting the nonstickered. And I was going to follow your plan of staying with the the cheaper brands beforehand.

Thanks for your input. I'll probably place my order tomorrow or sometime.

skittlez350

MoS87.png

Any other cubes you'd recommend, not recommend? Different brands? Sellers?

Shengshou 4x4! Definitely better than a Lanlan.