• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Sterling

Thank you very much, I appreciate your warm welcome and your response. The F2L Fridrich method is how I solve (I think) Is this a practical method for somebody who hopes to someday be a sub-30 solver?

Yuxuibbs

WCA
2011CHEN54
YouTube
Visit Channel
Thank you very much, I appreciate your warm welcome and your response. The F2L Fridrich method is how I solve (I think) Is this a practical method for somebody who hopes to someday be a sub-30 solver?

Fridrich is very popular and is what Feliks uses. He got his 5.66 WR with Fridrich and it's very easy to get under 10 seconds with it. The second step is F2L and if I do Beginner's method with F2L I can sub 30. F2L takes lots of practice but after you get the hang of it, your times go down a lot.

Short answer: yes

alex10

Anyone here from Canada know a good place to buy a cube online? Looking to upgrade from my Rubiks Brand cube. :)

Sarahjdes

I've been cubing for a couple of weeks now. I was able to get sub-70 with a storebought cube, but since I got an F-II, I went up to sub-90. The thing is, it keeps popping. I know F-IIs often pop, so I think I go slower on purpose (a storebought Rubik's is pretty tough!). So my question is, I've had it for about 2 weeks now, and I'm still not comfortable with the popping. Should I suck it up and get used to it, or is it worth it going for some DaYan with Lubix torpedos? They're (torps) pretty cheap right now. I'm not really really tight on money, but I don't want to stock up on things I won't use. Thanks!

asportking

YouTube
Visit Channel
I've been cubing for a couple of weeks now. I was able to get sub-70 with a storebought cube, but since I got an F-II, I went up to sub-90. The thing is, it keeps popping. I know F-IIs often pop, so I think I go slower on purpose (a storebought Rubik's is pretty tough!). So my question is, I've had it for about 2 weeks now, and I'm still not comfortable with the popping. Should I suck it up and get used to it, or is it worth it going for some DaYan with Lubix torpedos? They're (torps) pretty cheap right now. I'm not really really tight on money, but I don't want to stock up on things I won't use. Thanks!
You could just get a zhanchi. It barely ever pops, even without the torpedoes.

goflb

I've been looking to get a new cube since I lost my guhong. I've watched raving reviews about the zhanchi which seems to be what most poeple recommend. the mf8 legend seems pretty interesting though. how do they compare?

YrMyKnight

I'm about to get a new cube. I average sub-50.
I thought of buying a zhanchi so heres a few questions.

Does zhanchi comes with torpedos?

Is it better (for my level) to get a guhong instead of a zhanchi?

If so, I heard that guhong hav serious popping issues. How do I deal with them?