• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Mephisto

1)
I'm planning to buy a new cube (using a Rubik's brand now). First of all, yes i did some searching and yes, it's all subjective...

I'll think I'll go for the SE F-II on lightake. Perhaps I'll check out the ghosthand II as well, since it's quite cheap on lightake anyway... Some say the F-II has poor stickers? Indistinguishable red and orange? Others say the newer F-II's have a brighter red? Is this so?

Anyway, I'm still doubting between the A-V though. The A-V needs more time breaking in, right? I've also read that the A-V has more of a crispy feeling, what exactly is meant by that? *unsure*

Finally, how's the 3x3 white YJ? The glow in the dark YJ is said to be quite good?

2)
Suppose I'd also want a cheap, yet smooth & decent cube with solid edges/corners, i.e. without edge and corner caps (like the F-II for example), which should I get?
So nice speed and build quality, not prone to pop, the corner cutting does not have to be mind blowing though.

1) the white one is YJ VVGOO-2 (Type D II-S) and the fluorescent one is YJ VVGOO-1 (Type D I-S)

2) how about the YJ VVGOO-2? or perhaps the Ghost Hand?

About 2), so you'd recommend the white YJ over the fluoresecent?
And you mean the ghost hand type I then? Because i think the GH-II has corner/edge caps...
There are many ghost hands on lightake: http://www.lightake.com/products.do/category.155
Which one is first gen? These 26815, 26651 & 26816?
The GS 2003D is actually the 2003A right? How is this compared to the first gen? I don't like the creamy white color though.

If anyone has another suggestion on 1), please let me know. ;)

Sune

Bumping my question:

I haven't been cubing for a long time, and my favourite cube back then was D type with A core. Things I particularly liked in it: pop resistance 101%, very fast, but very controllable (doesn't overshoot, easy to do M,U-moves). It performed very well at high tension, greatly reducing lockups, but, sadly, also reducing corner-cutting.

So, what cube should I get, which has the same "feel" as D/A hybrid? I would also like a bit more corner-cutting, if possible. I also have some noname DS 222 knockoff, it's similar in properties as well as in hardware (thick screws), but it's white, and I want black.

AngeL

^AV should do you right. F-II is probably faster with the turns, but is also very bad about pops.

My AV does much, much better at higher tensions than the F-II does, and after some breaking in it doesn't lock and cuts corners well.

Even at higher tensions it cuts maybe 40 degrees or so? I don't really know why anyone needs more than that, lol. Lrn2turn if that's a problem.

Edit: That's directed at Sune

taiga

I can't able to choose which cube is the suitable for me, so I decided to buy all of them...:p

I want to buy ShengEn F-II, Dayan Guhong, Type A-V, Haiyan Alpha and mini Type-C 3x3 but from where? :confused:

au22ru

Yes, all of them. If you can't choose, buy all. :)

Got Dayan black and A V white (both DIY) from Lightake.
For starters.

taiga

I ordered my first order 5 minutes ago. (Lightake)

I bought only 2 cubes, White F-II and A-V.

If my order will receive to me, I will order another items like Dayan GuHong, 4x4, mini 3x3, Megaminx, OJ Timer etc.

Keplin

i need a 5x5 but don't have enough money for a V-cube what would be the best alternative to that. i had a QJ 5x5 but a couple pieces broke and the yellow side is loosening itsself

AvidCuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
i need a 5x5 but don't have enough money for a V-cube what would be the best alternative to that. i had a QJ 5x5 but a couple pieces broke and the yellow side is loosening itsself
YJ spring edition 5x5, or Ghost Hand 5x5. I have both of these and quite personally I like both of them better than my V-cube.

Except if you're not a KO supporter then I actually like my Rubik's 5x5 (believe it or not. It's the retooled version), you don't really have to do anything special to make it good, just solve it a whole ton and it gets a lot nicer. And lube it of course.

Off topic edit: 100th post!!

Mephisto

1)
I'm planning to buy a new cube (using a Rubik's brand now). First of all, yes i did some searching and yes, it's all subjective...

I'll think I'll go for the SE F-II on lightake. Perhaps I'll check out the ghosthand II as well, since it's quite cheap on lightake anyway... Some say the F-II has poor stickers? Indistinguishable red and orange? Others say the newer F-II's have a brighter red? Is this so?

Anyway, I'm still doubting between the A-V though. The A-V needs more time breaking in, right? I've also read that the A-V has more of a crispy feeling, what exactly is meant by that? *unsure*

Finally, how's the 3x3 white YJ? The glow in the dark YJ is said to be quite good?

2)
Suppose I'd also want a cheap, yet smooth & decent cube with solid edges/corners, i.e. without edge and corner caps (like the F-II for example), which should I get?
So nice speed and build quality, not prone to pop, the corner cutting does not have to be mind blowing though.

1) the white one is YJ VVGOO-2 (Type D II-S) and the fluorescent one is YJ VVGOO-1 (Type D I-S)

2) how about the YJ VVGOO-2? or perhaps the Ghost Hand?

About 2), so you'd recommend the white YJ over the fluoresecent?
And you mean the ghost hand type I then? Because i think the GH-II has corner/edge caps...
There are many ghost hands on lightake: http://www.lightake.com/products.do/category.155
Which one is first gen? These 26815, 26651 & 26816?
The GS 2003D is actually the 2003A right? How is this compared to the first gen? I don't like the creamy white color though.

If anyone has another suggestion on 1), please let me know. ;)
Bump... :eek:

demma

WCA
2011LAMA02
Hi, I want a cube to put Ruben King stickers from Cubesmith. I have an FII and a AV. I planning to get a Guhong too. What type of ube is good yo place this stickers? I think FII is tu small, I thintink about Maru that seems to have big square surface. Am I right?

Rubik's 5x5

YJ spring edition 5x5, or Ghost Hand 5x5. I have both of these and quite personally I like both of them better than my V-cube.

Except if you're not a KO supporter then I actually like my Rubik's 5x5 (believe it or not. It's the retooled version), you don't really have to do anything special to make it good, just solve it a whole ton and it gets a lot nicer. And lube it of course.

Off topic edit: 100th post!!

I do agree that the Rubik's 5x5 gets better with time after it passes a certain point the turning ability just dies. I recently purchased a Ghost hand from cube depot and love it.