• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

jms_gears1

Premium Member
WCA
2009MAUP01
YouTube
Visit Channel
i want a cube that is really fast, but not toooo fast, I want it to cut corners at 45 degrees, I also want it to be assembled and lubed with some awsome lube. I would like it to be smooth, and quiet, like silent. I want the cube to never pop/break. I would also like the cube to be white. The cube should be able to preform well when using <M,U> moves.

I would like this cube to be under $10 with expedited shipping. The cube should reach my house in less than 5 days.

anyone know a cube like this?

i want a cube that is really fast, but not toooo fast, I want it to cut corners at 45 degrees, I also want it to be assembled and lubed with some awsome lube. I would like it to be smooth, and quiet, like silent. I want the cube to never pop/break. I would also like the cube to be white. The cube should be able to preform well when using <M,U> moves.

I would like this cube to be under $10 with expedited shipping. The cube should reach my house in less than 5 days.

anyone know a cube like this?

fast(not too fast): (yes, yes)
corner cut: (no, no[but still decent in both])
assembled/lubed: (yes, no)
sound: (quiet, crispy)
no pops: (no, no)
m, u moves: (kinda, yes)

comparison of (F-II, A-V)

i seriously doubt you're going to get a cube that meet all those requirements.

but, i compared two of the best cubes that i have, being the F-II and the A-V. both are good cubes, and you can get them at popbuying. also, another cube i am very impressed with is the NEW type A-III. you might want to check all three of those cubes out, it'd cost less than ~$27 total, and they're all worth it.

Kranox

I'd like a cube that's good for OH, currently I use a YJ 3x3 Speed Edition VVGOO-2 but it tends to lock-up a bit while I OH-cube. It doesn't necessarily need to be a mini cube, any cube that's good for OH would be nice.

AvidCuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
I'd like a cube that's good for OH, currently I use a YJ 3x3 Speed Edition VVGOO-2 but it tends to lock-up a bit while I OH-cube. It doesn't necessarily need to be a mini cube, any cube that's good for OH would be nice.
Alpha-V, Haiyan Memory, Mini type C, micro alpha 47mm memory cube thingy...(don't know the official name)
They're all crispy so you can feel them lock into place, and the Haiyan memory can cut corners backwards a little bit (but just a little bit), which is good.

iasimp1997

WCA
2010SIMP01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Alpha-V, Haiyan Memory, Mini type C, micro alpha 47mm memory cube thingy...(don't know the official name)
They're all crispy so you can feel them lock into place, and the Haiyan memory can cut corners backwards a little bit (but just a little bit), which is good.

Whatever happened to the Haiyan cube? That's THE best OH cube I've tried. You can keep it as loose as you want and it won't pop.

Krag

Premium Member
WCA
2011KRAG02
V-cubes

I want to buy a set of V-cubes, and i was wondering if I should buy the black or the White set.

Are there any diffrence?

AvidCuber

YouTube
Visit Channel

Whatever happened to the Haiyan cube? That's THE best OH cube I've tried. You can keep it as loose as you want and it won't pop.
I don't have the Haiyan cube, I was just talking about the ones that I've tried. I don't like to tell people things that I don't know. :p

DaijoCube

YouTube
Visit Channel

SuperNerd

WCA
2009KNOP01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I've only tried edi cubes, so I don't have too much experience with them, but from what I do know, they are heavy and a bit smooth yet hard to turn at the same time.

What I'm asking is do you like that smooth turning? Or do you like crispness.

And could you do your best to describe what your turning style is like? Just imagine that you had a cube that would never pop or lock up. How would you turn on it? Would you describe your turning as aggressive, light, heavy, precise, relying on corner cutting, primarily hand turns, primarily finger tricks, lots of re-grips, all of that stuff.

Hmm...I would say that I like smooth cubes but the only cubes I've ever used was a rubiks storebought and then an edison cube, but i'm willing to try a smooth or crisp cube. And If I had a cube that never locks or pops I would like a cube that feels kinda tight unlike an edi cube where you can pull on the sides and its really loose even when the screws are in all the way. Plus I'm not as accurate of a turner as I would like to be, but its not like I always miss when I'm turning, so when I use my fingers to turn the cube so it would probably have to be able to cut a little bit but not like and extreme cut because I don't rely on cutting much.

I've heard the F-II's and A-Vs are really good, would one of those be a good choice for me even though I only average around 1 minute :p

Well, if you want to try a crisp cube:

Old Type AII

I really recommend this cube if you like a crisp cube with decent corner cutting and almost no pops. Mine can cut about 2/3 of a piece, and almost never pops. If you break them in, they become almost godly (and more of a smooth crisp). They also never pop, if you tighten them pretty tight. This cube is NO good loose.

I pretty much think that this cube will be really good for you. However, if you don't like it, try the A-5 and the F-II.

miniGOINGS

Yea, my friends AII is really good (after my tensioning and lube).

Also, love the name. :)

no1337cube

YouTube
Visit Channel
I know this has been asked quite a few times but...
A V vs Fii (Since i dont have much cubes to compare)
Which one of those feels like/is better than a Type E / Lan lan 2x2 ? (In terms of speed)

mr. giggums

WCA
2011BERN02
I am looking for a cube that is not a 2x2-7x7 give me your top three puzzles.
The puzzles I have that are not 2x2-7x7 are...
pyraminx
megaminx
square one
crazy 2x3x3
rubik's 360

So please suggest one I don't all ready have. Thanks.

AvidCuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
I know this has been asked quite a few times but...
A V vs Fii (Since i dont have much cubes to compare)
Which one of those feels like/is better than a Type E / Lan lan 2x2 ? (In terms of speed)
Both are extremely fast. the difference: Alpha V is crispier and kind of clickier and also a little lighter (but only a little), and locks up a bit more, but it cuts corners extremely well. F-II is bubbly so it cuts corners really well and is quieter and smoother.

So it depends if you like crispy or smooth. (Type E is a little more crispy but not that much in my opinion, and LanLan 2x2x2 is smooth)

F-II plastic is really thin and cheap-feeling in my opinion, and if you use a silicone lubricant then it's not as good. Injectable silicone is better on F-II's. And because of the thin plastic, F-II's slowly deteriorate over time even if you don't use a silicone lube.

no1337cube

YouTube
Visit Channel
Is the plastic quality any close/worse compared to GH's ? ( I heard GH's cubies are Type F)
And btw thanks for your help =) I guess I'll get the A V when the new mold
comes out.

Applemoes

I posted this in the popbuyingthread, but I guess this is the correct place for it.

I'm going to buy a 2x3x3, but I got 2 chioces (the price doesn't matter. I just want the best quality)

Buy this one?
http://www.popbuying.com/detail.pb/s...e_White_-27665

OR

http://www.popbuying.com/detail.pb/s...be_Black-29508 This one?

I'm also thinking of buying a pyramid. Would this one be the one to get? http://www.popbuying.com/detail.pb/sku.QJ_Plastic_Sticker_Triangle_Pyramid_Magic_Cube_White-28944

And last, is there ANY difference between the black and white MF8 pyraminx? A guy in a review said that the white one turned smoother, but I don't like the colors on them :( Too bright in my opinion

I'm going to order from popbuying in the next 24h