• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Garf

WCA
2022TIND01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Because it feels similar to the GTS 3 M, and it's still a really nice cube. I have all the WR Ms and many more "new improved" cubes, but the valk is still my main.
I want to get some lubes, and a new blindfold alongside the new back-up main. I also want to get some replacement parts when I place my order. I have 48 dollars that I am hoping to get them all. That is why I am asking for a good back-up main under 20. I saw the WRM at 18.39, so that is why I asked.

Imsoosm

My main is the MGC Elite. Fast, yet controllable and stable. The center-edge magnets are genius. My lube setup is a lot of Weight 5, but I heard that Cosmic (SCS) and Angstrom, Mystic, and Max (TC) work well. Hope this helps.
All right, I'll go for the MGC. I've seen some reviews saying that MGC doesn't need setups to be good, but Valk 2M requires some lube to make it smooth for a longer period of time. Thanks!

Tabe

WCA
2017TABA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
1. What's the cheapest 6x6 and 7x7 and are they good?
2. What's the smallest 6x6 and 7x7 as per size?
1) If you absolutely MUST save money, get the YJ Yushi v2M and Yufu v2M cubes. Anything cheaper is not good. But, really, spend just a bit more and get the MGCs.

2) The smallest 7x7 is the Spark, which is an excellent cube. The smallest 6x6 is a Fangshi and is barely functional.

UncleFrank

Which skewb to get -
Moyu Aoyan or Xman Wingy? Or something else in that range?

If I had the money, is the Gan M Enhanced skewb worth it?

OreKehStrah

YouTube
Visit Channel
Which skewb to get -
Moyu Aoyan or Xman Wingy? Or something else in that range?

If I had the money, is the Gan M Enhanced skewb worth it?
It depends on how serious you are about skewb. I have all 3 so I think you should make a decision along these lines:

1. Do you have plenty of money to ball out? If so get the Gan. It is very effortless to turn, and feels nicer as a result(imo). It also feels slightly better performance wise due to being a more recent, modern skewb.
That said, the AoYan and Wingy are also still very good.

2. What kind of grip do you want? If you think the concave shape will help, get the wingy. If you prefer a cubic shape get the aoyan.

3. Do you like faster or more controllable cubes? The wingy and aoyan are pretty controllable but reasonably fast. The gan is noticeably faster to me.

In general, if you aren't super serious about skewb, get either the wingy or aoyan. I do think the gan is the best atm, but not by much so you won't miss out on too much if you don't get it. I've gotten a sub1 single stackmat on the wingy and very good times on the aoyan as well so you won't be held back by either one. I think I would prefer the aoyan due to the cubic shape personally.

UncleFrank

Not cubes, but...
what's a good blindfold and earmuffs to get for BLD?

Just beginning BLD, so want a good blindfold and earmuffs. Don't want to just try random ones and then find out they're cheap and the straps don't last.

Last edited:

CUBING08

YouTube
Visit Channel
I Am sub 30 cuber and i need a new cube

which cube should I get
-gan 11 m duo
-dayan tengyun M
-gan 12 m leap
-gan 11 m pro
-gan 356 x
-gan 356 xs
-or another.............

I Need magnetic cube

Garf

WCA
2022TIND01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I Am sub 30 cuber and i need a new cube

which cube should I get
-gan 11 m duo
-dayan tengyun M
-gan 12 m leap
-gan 11 m pro
-gan 356 x
-gan 356 xs
-or another.............

and pls subscribe to my youtube channel
If you hate your money that much... get a Gan 12 Maglev M.
If you want the best cube that is also cheap, I would go with the Moyu RS3M 2020. And get some lubes to make it faster.

oMaxwell

What is the fastest 3x3- not the best overall just pure speed.

What cubes compare to the gan 11 m pro
What cubes compare? someone is offering me their gan 11 m pro for my gan (idk what it is) +$15 should i get something else or what.

also how do i check what my gan is?

Last edited by a moderator:

Eli Apperson

WCA
2022APPE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
What is the fastest 3x3- not the best overall just pure speed.

What cubes compare to the gan 11 m pro
What cubes compare? someone is offering me their gan 11 m pro for my gan (idk what it is) +$15 should i get something else or what.

also how do i check what my gan is?
The fastest would be the one z3 cubing made. As far as mass produced, probably the gan 12 or wr m maglev