• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Eli Apperson

WCA
2022APPE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hmmm. I do have a bit of a rough turning style, so there's a 60-40 chance it might break. I won't take any chances so I won't have to pay more down the road. I do have enough and I might convince my parents to get the Tornado V2, yet I think it's possible. I mean, I'll just compromise on the DNM, which is good enough. I still want to decide later, but it seems to me like the Tornado is the way to go*! *provided I'll find a huge discount code, but that's unlikely as oil not getting taken by america the junkbots.
Where are you buying these?

povlhp

Don't get the Guhong v4. Its a great cube, but the centers break very easily. I would recommend saving a while longer and getting a tornado or wr m 2021 lite
First batch of GuHong came without washers so end of spring carved out plastic. New batches come with washers so problem is mostly gone.

SH03L4C3

The orange centerpiece from your main 3x3
Alright. Assuming I get my goals, I'll get a cube. I am now pondering over which cube that should be. First, RS3M 2021, but it's quite similar to the original. Second, Guhong V4. Feels light and airy, almost like a GAN, but a lower price. Third, Tornado V2m. I've been watching the reviews, and I have to say, it looks amazing. Absolutely amazing. My current average is 21.xx, and budget is preferably below rupees 1500, although I need DNM, which shouldn't be a steep increase if you add it to the first two, but it'll exceed 2000 rupees for the third option. I don't want to go crazy obssesing over this, because I suck at deciding, so I decided to ask you guys. Otherwise, I might get a cube for OH. Any recommendations? Guhong V3 went out of stock and was discontinued here.
all of those cubes target a different type of solver, and a different feel:

Do you like slow cubes or fast cubes?
Do you like light cubes, or weighty cubes?

Rubuscu

Hello.

2x2: I have never used a 2x2 speedcube and have been using non-magnetic cubes so far. I am now going to practise 2x2 seriously for the first time. Which cube should I get?
3x3: I have been using the Moyu RSM 2020 and averaging just under 18 seconds. What is the best cube as an upgrade?

SH03L4C3

The orange centerpiece from your main 3x3
Hello.

2x2: I have never used a 2x2 speedcube and have been using non-magnetic cubes so far. I am now going to practise 2x2 seriously for the first time. Which cube should I get?
3x3: I have been using the Moyu RSM 2020 and averaging just under 18 seconds. What is the best cube as an upgrade?
2x2 depends on your budget, but: Qiyi MS 2x2, YJ mgc 2x2, or dayan tengyun/valk 2m

3x3: the rs3m is still a solid cube, but the wrm 2021 is like the new flagship version

BenChristman1

WCA
2019CHRI11
SS Competition Results
Hello.

Depends on your budget. If you have the money to spend on the Valk 2, then do it, but if you’re on a budget, go for the original MGC or the Yupo v2.

As for 3x3, the RS3M 2020 is a great cube, but if you want an upgrade, it also depends on your budget. If you like the 2020 version, the RS3M 2021 just came out for $14. If you want something a little different, but still Moyu, you can get the Weilong WRM 2021 for $27, the lite version for $23, or the maglev version for $30. If you want something completely new, you could try the Tornado v2, which goes for $25.

Rubuscu

Depends on your budget. If you have the money to spend on the Valk 2, then do it, but if you’re on a budget, go for the original MGC or the Yupo v2.

As for 3x3, the RS3M 2020 is a great cube, but if you want an upgrade, it also depends on your budget. If you like the 2020 version, the RS3M 2021 just came out for $14. If you want something a little different, but still Moyu, you can get the Weilong WRM 2021 for $27, the lite version for $23, or the maglev version for $30. If you want something completely new, you could try the Tornado v2, which goes for $25.
As for 2x2, I am struggling between the original MJC and the Yupo v2. Which one is better (ignoring difference in their prices)?

stwert

Are there any budget 3x3 stickered (black) magnetic cubes out there (other than the RS3M). Again, magnetic and stickered.