• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Eli Apperson

WCA
2022APPE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I can’t decide between uv coated gan cubes or frosted gan cube can something tell me some pros and cons please?
UV is incredibly glossy, and has quite a good grip. Also it looks really cool. Frosted comes with not great grip, but after a few hundred solves it wears of and becomes quite nice. I would recommend UV if you have the money to spend.

DavyP

I can’t decide between uv coated gan cubes or frosted gan cube can something tell me some pros and cons please?
Not to add extra confusion but I would highly recommend the soft coated finish, it's a really nice texture with tons of grip.

Fast Tim

The Gan 12 M maglev is on pre-order now, but I’ll still use the WRM 2021 as my main since it’s too expensive. Well I have the money, but I’d like to spend it somewhere else.

SH03L4C3

The orange centerpiece from your main 3x3
Christmas is coming and I think I might ask my parents to buy some cubes. Pretty straight forward.

Wca events I am interested is 2x2, mega or squan.
Non wca puzzles are ghost, Axis, morphixes.

What do you think will be good for a long term view?
Well, it depends on your budget for the WCA ones.

Non WCA: I would definitely recommend my QIYI Axis Cube (https://www.thecubicle.com/products/qiyi-axis-cube?_pos=1&_sid=9c6e3843e&_ss=r)
I would also reccoment my Ghost cube: https://www.amazon.com/Twister-CK-S...d=1&keywords=ghost+cube&qid=1633140073&sr=8-6

A mythical land filled with talking Ducks
WCA
2022MCCO11
Christmas is coming and I think I might ask my parents to buy some cubes. Pretty straight forward.

Wca events I am interested is 2x2, mega or squan.
Non wca puzzles are ghost, Axis, morphixes.

What do you think will be good for a long term view?
Megaminx : YJ Yuhu V2M, not as good as the Dayan but it's cheaper. Than again it is on the larger size so you may want to keep that in mind if you have smaller hands.

Square-1: 100% YJ MGC.

2x2: Doesn't really matter there are so many to chose.
Budget: Qiyi MS, MGC, DianSheng Solar.
Mid-range: XingHen TSM (Adjustable size!), XMD Flare (First adjustable magnet system).
Expensive: Valk 2m, Dayan Tengyun v2, MGC Elite, Moyu WRS 2x2, Multiple GAN 2x2's I can't be bothered to look up.

Probably forgot some mid-ranged.

Eli Apperson

WCA
2022APPE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
What's so bad about the Zhanchi Pro? I really want to get the cube in green just because it looks really cool but I've heard it's just a downgraded Tengyun v2. I'm not really looking for a new main I just want to know why the Pro is worse than the Tengyun.
It isn't worse, but the problem people have with it is that is is just a tengyun v2 with a different name and new colors.

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
It isn't worse, but the problem people have with it is that is is just a tengyun v2 with a different name and new colors.
Probably more to it than that, but unless it’s better than the Tengyun/priced significantly lower than it, people won’t really buy it anyway.
I need to catchup on these reviews
What's so bad about the Zhanchi Pro? I really want to get the cube in green just because it looks really cool but I've heard it's just a downgraded Tengyun v2. I'm not really looking for a new main I just want to know why the Pro is worse than the Tengyun.
Do you already have the tengy v2 though?

YouTube
Visit Channel
Alright. Assuming I get my goals, I'll get a cube. I am now pondering over which cube that should be. First, RS3M 2021, but it's quite similar to the original. Second, Guhong V4. Feels light and airy, almost like a GAN, but a lower price. Third, Tornado V2m. I've been watching the reviews, and I have to say, it looks amazing. Absolutely amazing. My current average is 21.xx, and budget is preferably below rupees 1500, although I need DNM, which shouldn't be a steep increase if you add it to the first two, but it'll exceed 2000 rupees for the third option. I don't want to go crazy obssesing over this, because I suck at deciding, so I decided to ask you guys. Otherwise, I might get a cube for OH. Any recommendations? Guhong V3 went out of stock and was discontinued here.

Eli Apperson

WCA
2022APPE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Alright. Assuming I get my goals, I'll get a cube. I am now pondering over which cube that should be. First, RS3M 2021, but it's quite similar to the original. Second, Guhong V4. Feels light and airy, almost like a GAN, but a lower price. Third, Tornado V2m. I've been watching the reviews, and I have to say, it looks amazing. Absolutely amazing. My current average is 21.xx, and budget is preferably below rupees 1500, although I need DNM, which shouldn't be a steep increase if you add it to the first two, but it'll exceed 2000 rupees for the third option. I don't want to go crazy obssesing over this, because I suck at deciding, so I decided to ask you guys. Otherwise, I might get a cube for OH. Any recommendations? Guhong V3 went out of stock and was discontinued here.
Don't get the Guhong v4. Its a great cube, but the centers break very easily. I would recommend saving a while longer and getting a tornado or wr m 2021 lite

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hmmm. I do have a bit of a rough turning style, so there's a 60-40 chance it might break. I won't take any chances so I won't have to pay more down the road. I do have enough and I might convince my parents to get the Tornado V2, yet I think it's possible. I mean, I'll just compromise on the DNM, which is good enough. I still want to decide later, but it seems to me like the Tornado is the way to go*! *provided I'll find a huge discount code, but that's unlikely as oil not getting taken by america the junkbots.