• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

BenChristman1

WCA
2019CHRI11
SS Competition Results
ok, so... my birthday is coming soon and i kinda want a new magnetic 3x3, should i get the tengyun v2 m or the weilong wrm 2020?
Me and @PetrusQuber both main the Tengyun v2, but I think that’s an unpopular opinion. Like @WarriorCatCuber said, either the RS3M 2020 or the Guhong v4 is your best bet.

Kaiju_cube

The Yulong in my opinion is trash. Two years ago it was a good budget cube but now if you want to get a budget cube your better of with a Qiyi ms or the Rs3m 2020, also the Meilong m is pretty good.

I broke it out the YJ Yulong V2 tonight thinking maybe I remembered it wrong. But nope, it reminds me a lot of the MGC and the Qiyi MS magnetic 3x3. All 3 are pretty similar and have a similar 'clack' when the pieces hit. (all 3 stickered versions) Good cubes, I like all 3 of them.

Though I still think the Gan 356 Lite M is the best bang for the buck mid-grade cube that works fine right out of the box. Don't have to play with springs or setting, just a drop or two of speed lube and you're good to go.

povlhp

I don't really like the RS3M 2020. Needs lube to feel good, but many have difficulties lubing it without slowing it down. Heavy lube for springs, as it is the cube with most spring noise issues. And I use weight 0.01 (100cSt) for tracks, and weight 0.1 or 0.4 (1k or 4k cSt) for pieces.

Currently I main the GuHong V4M, some people have managed abuse it such that the center pieces breaks. I like the GTS3M and Meilong 3M as well. QiYi MS I rank lower than the Meilong 3M. RS3M is OK but not great. Tengyun V1 and V2M feels different. I can solve them with ok speed, and less corner cut noise than many others. The GuHong V4M gives pretty loud sound when you corner cut too hard. YLM I do not like.

And BTW, most cubes will feel better after a lube job, but you need different lubes.

povlhp

Hi all,

Found this in the closet today. I remember getting it about 7-8 years ago. It got thrown in the closet after I messed with it for days to no avail. Does anyone know what this is, and are there instructions on how to solve it?

Thanks!
Look like a random 3x3 shape mod.
Try do identify centers. They are on screw axes. On some shapemods they can be multiple colors. If there are 6 centers then it is a 3x3
Then identify corners and edges. See if 3x3 algorithms work.

I recently got Fisher, Windmill and Mastermorphix. Solved them in that order with as little help as possible. It was quite fun, and a good teaching experience. Mastermorphix was the most difficult 3x3 to get my head around.

I am almost sure I could solve yours as any other 3x3 shapemod.

SH03L4C3

The orange centerpiece from your main 3x3
I don't really like the RS3M 2020. Needs lube to feel good, but many have difficulties lubing it without slowing it down. Heavy lube for springs, as it is the cube with most spring noise issues. And I use weight 0.01 (100cSt) for tracks, and weight 0.1 or 0.4 (1k or 4k cSt) for pieces.

Currently I main the GuHong V4M, some people have managed abuse it such that the center pieces breaks. I like the GTS3M and Meilong 3M as well. QiYi MS I rank lower than the Meilong 3M. RS3M is OK but not great. Tengyun V1 and V2M feels different. I can solve them with ok speed, and less corner cut noise than many others. The GuHong V4M gives pretty loud sound when you corner cut too hard. YLM I do not like.

And BTW, most cubes will feel better after a lube job, but you need different lubes.
Yeah I kept switching mains between the rs3m and the guhong ever since I came back from my 2 month break(I actually lost my rs3m so im maining the guhong right now)

AlgoCuber

Hi, I started cubing a few days back. I was very confused about which cube should I buy. I found this article very helpful for beginners -
Best Rubik's Cube for Beginners [Updated 2021] I bought a drift 3x3 cube. If you are confused, you should check out this article.
Please don't listen to that article. Cubelelo is just advertising their own budget cubes, there are many better options out there. Notice how every single cube on that list is their own Drift line of cubes.

Cubelelo is still a good place to buy from, though.

Last edited:

cuber314159

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Norther...
WCA
2016EVAN06
YouTube
Visit Channel
Please don't listen to that article. Cubelelo is just advertising their own budget cubes, there are many better options out there. Notice how every single cube on that list is their own Drift line of cubes.

Cubelelo is still a good place to buy from, though.
Has anyone actually tried those drift cubes? Are they any good? And are they produced by cubelelo?

SpeedyCube

Hi, I started cubing a few days back. I was very confused about which cube should I buy. I found this article very helpful for beginners -
Best Rubik's Cube for Beginners [Updated 2021] I bought a drift 3x3 cube. If you are confused, you should check out this article.

I would first determine your own budget then look at The Cubicle or SpeedCubeShop for options that fit your price range. That way you get to see multiple options from different brands. Also, I’m not sure if that drift cube has magnets or not. You can get a budget magnet cube for about $6. Believe me, in 2021 you want to get something with magnets in it.

povlhp

And for larger purchases, or for people in a place where The Cubicle/SCS is not an options (like being in EU), there is ziicube.com - Cheap, but shipping starts at $10 or thereabout - They do have a DDP shipping options (Delivery and Duties Paid) so you will not be hit by new EU rules on July 1st. Or cubezz.com /aliexpress for individual cubes - but they will likely be taxed from July 1st.
But all china options are slow delivery - at least 2 weeks (The ziicube DDP), and AliExpress standard shipping is often 3-4 weeks. Free shipping 6-12 weeks.

AlgoCuber

The Gan 251 M Air might be good. It's $24 w/ an extra GES system compared to other $20 flagships with no customization system. Of course, GES wouldn't matter if other cubes already have good springs OOTB. But maybe the feel and weight will justify the price? Some people said that the original 251 M wasn't good, but we'll wait and see.

Edit: It has no extra GES, nvm

Last edited: