• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

SH03L4C3

The orange centerpiece from your main 3x3
I was afraid of that :-\ Is it possible to lubricate without fully disassembling it?
yes. just do what cameron from scs does.
pull the cube so you can see the stocks, and drop it in there. Do the same for the middle layer.
Are all 4x4s as difficult to reassemble as the Shengshou? Genuinely considering smashing mine with a hammer rather than lose any more of my time and sanity putting it back together, but if there's no point I'll … I don't know, probably just give up on 4x4 altogether.
honestly, once you put it together, it becomes really easy
Yes, I just use sticky tape to hold a layer in place and then unscrew it.
You have to be very careful, and this trick actually damaged my 6x6

Eli Apperson

WCA
2022APPE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I have been using a non-magnetic 2x2 for 2 years and I’m averaging about 4 seconds using the ortega method. I wanna get a new one cuz the one I’m using has too many catches and lock-ups. I like controllable cubes more than fast ones, is there any suitable 2x2s (under $13) for me?
Get the YJ Mgc for $9, and then some slower lube for 3-4$

Eli Apperson

WCA
2022APPE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I realize I should have asked this before I bought 2 cubes, but I didn't know the forum existed when I bought them. Here is the scenario, I can buy any cube I want to matter the price or availability. However I can only buy one (of each kind) and never buy a cube of that type/size again. I'm not paying so money doesn't matter, and can't trade, that counts as getting a new cube. I am a beginner, but am interested in getting much better. So which ones are recommended for beginner to pro, and will last a lifetime. I don't live anywhere near a pro shop, so any adjusting would need to be done easily by me. My eyes are terrible, so most DYI mods I wouldn't be able to do. I know there are a plethora of types and sizes, but I don't mind combing through ideas, and making a list. (I don't expect one person to know them all haha) Or if there is a better way to get the info for this scenario let me know. I am terrible at forums.
2x2: YJ MGC Elite
3x3: GAN 11 M Pro or Moyu WR M 2020
4x4: Aosu WR M
5x5: Valk 5 M
6x6: Shadow V2 M: (Just cuz MGC breaks...)
7x7: MGC
Pyra: Gan Enhanced
Skewb: Gan Enhanced
Mega: Dayan v2 M
Squan: Volt v2 or wait for MGC
BLd: Tengyun
Clock: QiYi
Edit: I forgot clock lol

Eli Apperson

WCA
2022APPE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Only mine broke, I dont think it is consistent.
The shadow is absolute trash
MGC is way better OOTB, but after a lot of break in the shadow is better imo. Most beginner solvers need a cube that has stable and strong pieces, and the shadow fits that better than the MGC. I've had 2 MGCs and both of them pop a ton, even with tight tensions...

CFOP2020

Looking for a Heavy, Light Magnet, Light Stickerless Shades, Scratchy Feel, 55.5 or smaller, As Simple As Possible (Little to no customization features) 3x3 What should I get?