• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
Please I need these recommendations:

Good budget 3x3 for 2H

Good budget 3x3 for OH
(I solve between 35~50 secs with my YJMGC V2 M, want to solve sub30 avg, I barely practice because my hand hurts)

Nice budget 4x4 with good turning just for the sake of having one 4x4

swburk

Good budget 3x3 for 2H

Good budget 3x3 for OH
(I solve between 35~50 secs with my YJMGC V2 M, want to solve sub30 avg, I barely practice because my hand hurts)

2H: Meilong M or RS3 M 2020
OH: I really like the RS3 for OH as well, but if you want a smaller cube, GuHong V3
4x4: Meilong M or YuSu V2 M if you want a bigger cube

MJS Cubing

WCA
2019SULL02
YouTube
Visit Channel

Good budget 3x3 for 2H

Good budget 3x3 for OH

I like the guhong v3 for oh and 2 hand, i love my little magic m 4x4, although people will tell you it sucks.

D

Deleted member 54663

Good budget 3x3 for 2H

Good budget 3x3 for OH

RS3M or Meilong M for 2H(9 and 7 USD). If you have more money, the WRM 2020 is my favorite.
For OH I just use the same cube as 2H, but If you want a really tiny cube, the Zhilong M is available for pre-order

The meilong M 4x4 is the cheapest Magnetic 4x4, and is very nice to turn after loosening. The Qiyi Ms is also good, I assume. But if you just want a dirt-cheap 4x4, the meilong non-magnetic is smooth and cheap.

DNF_Cuber

Good budget 3x3 for 2H

Good budget 3x3 for OH

I recommend rs3m 2020 for oh and 2h, a good 4x4 is the meilong m

D

Deleted member 54663

If you use a Qiyi Sail W that locks up a lot, how much better would the GAN 356 M be for a cuber that needs little lock-ups.?
the 356 M is a budget version of the 356 X. It will be extremely good, but its sort of old now. For the Same price, a WRM 2020 would perform better IMO. BUt an angstrom RS3M 2020 + can be bought for the same price, and it is probably better. BUt yes, literally any magnetic modern speedcube will be a big step up from a sail.

Garf

WCA
2022TIND01
YouTube
Visit Channel
the 356 M is a budget version of the 356 X. It will be extremely good, but its sort of old now. For the Same price, a WRM 2020 would perform better IMO. BUt an angstrom RS3M 2020 + can be bought for the same price, and it is probably better. BUt yes, literally any magnetic modern speedcube will be a big step up from a sail.
Thank's for the tip.

Kaneki Uchiha

Good budget 3x3 for 2H

Good budget 3x3 for OH

get the rs3m 2020 it has light magnets and is very good for oh and 2h the current oh ytwb holder uses it

cuber314159

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Norther...
WCA
2016EVAN06
YouTube
Visit Channel

Good budget 3x3 for 2H

Good budget 3x3 for OH

For 3x3 I would recommend the RS3M 2020, for 4x4 I would recommend the QiYi MS

EngiNerdBrian

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
When I got my RS3M 2020 it was phenomenal and crazy fast. I’ve noticed now that I’ve done about 1,000 solves on it, it seems slower. It’s lacking that effortless glide it has out of the box. Anyone else notice this change over time? Perhaps it’s just my clouded memory of the feel. I’ve never lubed or changed it’s OTB setup.

TheSlykrCubr

This Hellhole We Know As The British Isles
YouTube
Visit Channel
When I got my RS3M 2020 it was phenomenal and crazy fast. I’ve noticed now that I’ve done about 1,000 solves on it, it seems slower. It’s lacking that effortless glide it has out of the box. Anyone else notice this change over time? Perhaps it’s just my clouded memory of the feel. I’ve never lubed or changed it’s OTB setup.

yea it needs lubed. If you want it to be fast again, try a fast lube like weight 3, dnm, or lubest pro if you're on a budget

EngiNerdBrian

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
yea it needs lubed. If you want it to be fast again, try a fast lube like weight 3, dnm, or lubest pro if you're on a budget
I just haven’t noticed this change on any of my other puzzles who’ve had many more solves done on them though. Maybe it had factory live tat contributed to the feel but was also very low quality.

SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
2H: Meilong M or RS3 M 2020
OH: I really like the RS3 for OH as well, but if you want a smaller cube, GuHong V3
4x4: Meilong M or YuSu V2 M if you want a bigger cube
I like the guhong v3 for oh and 2 hand, i love my little magic m 4x4, although people will tell you it sucks.
RS3M or Meilong M for 2H(9 and 7 USD). If you have more money, the WRM 2020 is my favorite.
For OH I just use the same cube as 2H, but If you want a really tiny cube, the Zhilong M is available for pre-order

The meilong M 4x4 is the cheapest Magnetic 4x4, and is very nice to turn after loosening. The Qiyi Ms is also good, I assume. But if you just want a dirt-cheap 4x4, the meilong non-magnetic is smooth and cheap.
My favorite budget cubes from 2x2 to 5x5 are the Moyu Meilong 2M through 5M line. They never cease to please me whenever I pick them up.
I recommend rs3m 2020 for oh and 2h, a good 4x4 is the meilong m
get the rs3m 2020 it has light magnets and is very good for oh and 2h the current oh ytwb holder uses it
For 3x3 I would recommend the RS3M 2020, for 4x4 I would recommend the QiYi MS
Thanks guys for all the replies!

D

Deleted member 54663

should i get the gts3m, or the original wrm?

realised for 3x3 a faster cube would suit me bettert han my valk elite, and my gan 356 m lite has not as good corner cutting and weaker magnets then i'd like. The RS3M 2020 didn't work for me, though i did think it was good.
The WRM 2020 is my favorite, but you should probably avoid it if you didn't perform well on the RS3M. The GTS3M is most similar to the Valk Elite in terms of tactility, so I would say that. But I like the original wrm more when I tried it at a friend's house.