• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

BenChristman1

WCA
2019CHRI11
SS Competition Results
Aight so I want a pretty cheap cube to test a custom lube combination and possibly be my main

Qiyi MS 3x3

QiYi WuWei

Meilong 3 M

Little Magic M (factory)

Guhong v3 m

help appreciated. If you could recommend any other 3x3 under £15 (other than RS3M2020) that would be nice

btw lube setup is celeritas, lubest pro and adheron heavy
I mained the Thunderclap v3 M for a while, it’s a really nice cube when set up well, and it’s only 10 USD.

swburk

Aight so I want a pretty cheap cube to test a custom lube combination and possibly be my main

Qiyi MS 3x3

QiYi WuWei

Meilong 3 M

Little Magic M (factory)

Guhong v3 m

help appreciated. If you could recommend any other 3x3 under £15 (other than RS3M2020) that would be nice

btw lube setup is celeritas, lubest pro and adheron heavy

I don't have the WuWei, but here are my thoughts on the others:

Qiyi MS: this is one of my favorite cubes, even compared to the flagships I have. It came really tight out of the box, but after loosening it's a very fast turner with a unique clicky feel.

Meilong 3 M: This puzzle is surprisingly good. It's a little slow for me though.

Little Magic M: This puzzle is nice, but feels pretty cheap and feels blocky when solving.

Guhong v3 m: I bought this one for OH and mained it until I got the WRM 2020. It is pretty good, but all of the other ones you listed are better than this unless you specifically want it for the smaller size.

I don't mess around with different lube combinations, so I can't say which would be best for that specifically, but I would recommend either the MS or the Meilong. I think you'll be really happy with either one.

TheSlykrCubr

This Hellhole We Know As The British Isles
YouTube
Visit Channel
okay i'm gonna place an order from kewbzuk today

Valk Elite 3 M

MGC 4x4

Little Magic Skewb

Little Magic Square-1 M (Black)

Adheron Heavy

Angstrom Celeritas

haven't ordered yet, so if you could tell me if i should get the valk 3 elite, wrm 2020, valk m or GTS3LM .

again, selling stuff at cex for funding

@Luke Terzich after this i will have spent £180 at your store in 2 months so i should get my picture up in your office

order has been placed!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 54663

was the valk elite a correct choice? i know the celeritas setup works and this one i wanna test is really similar

will also try it in the rs3m2020 and the gan 356 m
I never tried the celeritas setup, but i used mystic and weight 3 on it, and its my main. Not that I have many cubes though lol. I use the setup i said with clear springs, clear magnets, and some compound X, not that needed though. SO in conclusion, yes it is worth it, only with setup,

Also, the mGC 4x4 is quite good with weight 3 and dnm.

My current 3x3 main is the MF3RS2 (without magnets) and I'm looking into buying a new one. Highest on my list right now is the RS3 2020 and I've heard great things. I'm just wondering if it's worth the purchase for a magnetic cube. This is my first proper post on the forums so I'd love some feedback. Thanks!

BenChristman1

WCA
2019CHRI11
SS Competition Results
To start, you can ask a question like this in megathread, as linked below. Just for future reference. :)

Second, I’ve heard that the RS3M 2020 is very good, but if you have a higher budget, you could get a “better” cube. So how much do you have to spend? Lastly, I would say that an upgrade to a magnetic cube is a for-sure yes. At almost any speed, a magnetic cube will make you at least a little bit faster.

Owen Morrison

WCA
2017MORR06
YouTube
Visit Channel
My current 3x3 main is the MF3RS2 (without magnets) and I'm looking into buying a new one. Highest on my list right now is the RS3 2020 and I've heard great things. I'm just wondering if it's worth the purchase for a magnetic cube. This is my first proper post on the forums so I'd love some feedback. Thanks!
Absolutely RS3M2020. It is the best cube on the market. Paying more money will not get you a better cube.

To start, you can ask a question like this in megathread, as linked below. Just for future reference. :)

Second, I’ve heard that the RS3M 2020 is very good, but if you have a higher budget, you could get a “better” cube. So how much do you have to spend? Lastly, I would say that an upgrade to a magnetic cube is a for-sure yes. At almost any speed, a magnetic cube will make you at least a little bit faster.
i don't really have an exact price range (well, less than $30) but I'm looking for the best value for the lowest price. The cube I had high on my list before the RS3 came out was the YJ MGC. If i do buy a new cube, it will be one of those.

D

Deleted member 54663

i don't really have an exact price range (well, less than $30) but I'm looking for the best value for the lowest price. The cube I had high on my list before the RS3 came out was the YJ MGC. If i do buy a new cube, it will be one of those.
The YJ MGC is quite old, many cubes are better than it. good job on changing to the RS3M