• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

TheMasterJadi

What is the most fun wca puzzle to solve and play with? Currently I've only learned the 3×3 and eventually I wanna buy another puzzle so that it doesn't get repetitive and so that I can have fun!

Honestly as for rn I have 3 puzzles in mind that look like fun: pyraminx, 4×4, and the skewb.

EngiNerdBrian

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
I find skewb to be very unintriguing and kinda lame. Pyraminx is fun if you want to challenge yourself by learning a puzzle intuitively, making your own algorithms, etc. because it's a relatively simple puzzle. You will get fast quickly and th that's just kinda all there is to it, there are advanced methods and all sets but nothing like what's available to explore with 4x4. The 4x4 will require the most time to master of the choices and is arguably the more difficult, expansive, and fun of the options.

swburk

I think I'd suggest 4x4 or Megaminx. 4x4 is more challenging than 3x3 and requires you to learn some new techniques. Megaminx is very similar to 3x3, but not as hard to learn as 4x4. Pyraminx and Skewb are both easy and fast to solve. Pyraminx is more fun in my opinion, but I find the Skewb awkward to hold and turn.

TheMasterJadi

Thx guys for your answers, I'l take it all into consideration! I have big hands too, so I'm between 4×4 and the pyraminx. Atm, (in 3×3) I'm sub 30 and get low 20's inconsistently, so I'll try to average like sub-15 and then I'll start learning another puzzle

zslane

I went this route: 3x3 -> 5x5 -> Megaminx.

I skipped 4x4 (will get around to it at some point--the 4x4 I bought hasn't arrived in the mail just yet) and went straight to 5x5 because it shares one key quality with all odd-dimensioned puzzles: fixed centers.

The next three on my list are: 2x2 -> 4x4 -> Pyraminx.

I'd really like to get into the FTO, but I hate all the existing hardware (and I don't do modding).

zslane

What is your favorite Megaminx, and why is it your favorite?

I'm just getting into Megaminx and am curious what's out there that people are impressed with. In general I tend to like stability over speed, stickerless over stickered, and smooth turning puzzles.

I'm A Cuber

What is your favorite Megaminx, and why is it your favorite?

I'm just getting into Megaminx and am curious what's out there that people are impressed with. In general I tend to like stability over speed, stickerless over stickered, and smooth turning puzzles.
My favorite is the galaxy v2 m, because it’s the only one I have