• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Nmile7300

WCA
2019MILE04
YouTube
Visit Channel
I have a Cyclone Boys 3x3, but I'd like to buy a new cube. I want a better cube than the one I have, but not so expensive.
I'm in doubt between the Gan 356 R, Valk 3, Qiyi Sail W and the Fellow Cube.
Which one do you guys like most?
I accept any other suggestion.
Don't get any of those, the are all not magnetic. There are plenty of great magnetic cubes under 10 dollars, including the RS3M 2020, Qiyi MS, Yuxin Kylin V2M, YJ Yulong V2 M, and Meilong M 3x3.

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
What is your budget? These are really great quality cubes for cheap mentioned by @Nmile7300 for cheap. Honestly budget cubes are taking the market by storm. I remember trying a NON MAGNETIC YLM at a comp and it was really good, comparable to my GTS2M except in some areas like stability and corner cutting.

Sub1Hour

WCA
2018BECK05
YouTube
Visit Channel
I have a Cyclone Boys 3x3, but I'd like to buy a new cube. I want a better cube than the one I have, but not so expensive.
I'm in doubt between the Gan 356 R, Valk 3, Qiyi Sail W and the Fellow Cube.
Which one do you guys like most?
I accept any other suggestion.
If you can get a magnetic Valk then go for it. It's one of my favorite cubes and despite being 4 years old its still widely used competitively, but if you cant get the Valk 3 in magnetic I would recommend the RS3M 2020 or Wuwei.

Sub1Hour

WCA
2018BECK05
YouTube
Visit Channel
Did anyone have some bad experiences with the YJ Yuhu v2m?
@CuberStache used it for a while and he said it was amazing. According to him the grip is much better than it looks, and from reviews it seems to be on par with the Galaxy v2 and LM and better than the GAN. The only thing you should be aware if is that black pieces come separately, but you can get pre magnetized pieces from TC. It's also the same size as the Galaxy v1 so it might be a little big if your hands are tiny.

Does anyone have a suggestion on a good magnetic budget cube. I would get the RS3M, but the magnets are weak and I would prefer to buy from SCS.

Sub1Hour

WCA
2018BECK05
YouTube
Visit Channel
Does anyone have a suggestion on a good magnetic budget cube. I would get the RS3M, but the magnets are weak and I would prefer to buy from SCS.
The Meilong M is fantastic. It has a similar soft and plush feel to the RS3 2020 and fantastic performance. Not only is it a good budget cube, its a great cube in general! Also, is there any reason why you buy from SCS instead of other stores? If you really want the RS3 2020 you can just buy that and a magnetization kit from SCS although that will run you a lot more than 1$

Sub1Hour

WCA
2018BECK05
YouTube
Visit Channel
It's much closer to where I live than TC.
That's fair, but I still use TC despite it being over 1000 miles farther away than SCS since their shipping is normally same day and I prefer their products. I also forgot to mention 2 other cubes. The Wuwei M is fantastic and very stable, but it's 15$ so it might be too expensive for you. The MS is also a great option if you want a clacky harsher feeling.

VIBE_ZT

WCA
2018TRUD02
Sorry if this seems off-topic, I promise it's not..........

Has the GAN Pyraminx gotten to any testers yet?

I have wanted a new Pyraminx for a while, and I was going to ask about the current state of flagship pyraminxes on the market today, but then I remembered the GAN one set to be released in the future.

Would it be worth it to hold off on purchasing a pyraminx until after that one is released? Or should I go with another option... say... the Bell v2 or maybe the MS?

For context, I have been using the same X-Man Bell since it's first release, and the magnets are too much for me at this point. I would like some updated hardware.