• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Sub1Hour

WCA
2018BECK05
YouTube
Visit Channel
The best is either the Yuhu V2 or the Galaxy V2. The Gan is good, but 100% not worth it considering the price
Especially since it has the worst grip of any megaminx I have tried due to the stupid frosted plastic and the stupid barley even there indents.

I am thinking of getting the yj mgc elite 3x3, the gan 356 m or the tengyun v2m. Which one should I get?
My brother got a pro shop MGC elite and I really enjoy it. It's fast and snappy but if you want something that is softer then get the tengyun v2. If you prefer a harsher and clacky feel then the MGC Elite is the way to go. If you want something more soft and less tactile then get the tengyun v2.

WCA
2023FUKU01
Especially since it has the worst grip of any megaminx I have tried due to the stupid frosted plastic and the stupid barley even there indents.

My brother got a pro shop MGC elite and I really enjoy it. It's fast and snappy but if you want something that is softer then get the tengyun v2. If you prefer a harsher and clacky feel then the MGC Elite is the way to go. If you want something more soft and less tactile then get the tengyun v2.
I will get the tengyun v2 then. thanks a lot.

Sub1Hour

WCA
2018BECK05
YouTube
Visit Channel
what about gan 356 m?
Im probably not the best person to ask especially since my opinion on gan as a whole is not very good, ill give you the facts and then some opinions afterwards.

FACTS: The Gan 356M is the same mechanism as the gan x with the medium magnets installed and a matte finish. The magnets aren't interchangeable but it comes with 4 numerical IPG nuts if you buy the full version. Yellow, Green, Blue (pre-installed on both versions), and purple. The lite version is the same cube but without the extra nuts although you can buy them separately later from TC if you are unhappy with blue.

OPINIONS: Gan cubes are very hard to use and for the most part the only reason people main them is for clout. Their cubes have decent performance but get strange lockups and can be very unstable at times, not to mention they don't respond well to lubricant at all. I would advise against getting a Gan because of those reasons and the WRm or Valk like fits more cubers better and have better performance at a lower price. Gan as a company has been rather frustrating for me ever since the 354. For some reason, they add features that are either ripped from other companies or set back the ability to cube on them. For example, I think their megamix performs just as good as the galaxy or yuhu v2 but the grip is awful due to the lack of ridges and incredibly slippery matte finish. Gan has also been recycling designs of their corners since the 356 S and edges since the Air. The only differences I can find is stickerless variants, different plastics being used, and placement of the honeycomb pattern/ridges. Many people will disagree with me on this point but Gan is the apple of cubing without the things that make Apple products good, their ease of use. However, they do the same thing that Apple does, "Innovate". The only thing that GAN has done innovative in the last 4 years is to simplify spring swaps and make the first interchangeable magnets. However once the EDM blew the GAN customization system out of the water, gan responded by outright copying the magnet adjustment feature and calling it a day.

Last edited:
WCA
2023FUKU01
Im probably not the best person to ask especially since my opinion on gan as a whole is not very good, ill give you the facts and then some opinions afterwards.

FACTS: The Gan 356M is the same mechanism as the gan x with the medium magnets installed and a matte finish. The magnets aren't interchangeable but it comes with 4 numerical IPG nuts if you buy the full version. Yellow, Green, Blue (pre-installed on both versions), and purple. The lite version is the same cube but without the extra nuts although you can buy them separately later from TC if you are unhappy with blue.

OPINIONS: Gan cubes are very hard to use and for the most part the only reason people main them is for clout. Their cubes have decent performance but get strange lockups and can be very unstable at times, not to mention they don't respond well to lubricant at all. I would advise against getting a Gan because of those reasons and the WRm or Valk like fits more cubers better and have better performance at a lower price. Gan as a company has been rather frustrating for me ever since the 354. For some reason, they add features that are either ripped from other companies or set back the ability to cube on them. For example, I think their megamix performs just as good as the galaxy or yuhu v2 but the grip is awful due to the lack of ridges and incredibly slippery matte finish. Gan has also been recycling designs of their corners since the 356 S and edges since the Air. The only differences I can find is stickerless variants, different plastics being used, and placement of the honeycomb pattern/ridges. Many people will disagree with me on this point but Gan is the apple of cubing without the things that make Apple products good, their ease of use. However, they do the same thing that Apple does, "Innovate". The only thing that GAN has done innovative in the last 4 years is to simplify spring swaps and make the first interchangeable magnets. However once the EDM blew the GAN customization system out of the water, gan responded by outright copying the magnet adjustment feature and calling it a day.
Is the tengyun v2 hard to use?

Sub1Hour

WCA
2018BECK05
YouTube
Visit Channel
Is the tengyun v2 hard to use?
Not really. You might have to use heavy lube if its too fast. I think that the MGC Elite is a little easier to use but with proper setup and adjustment either one should fit your turning style just fine, especially since both have adjustable magnets and springs and both respond well to lube.

WCA
2023FUKU01

Not really. You might have to use heavy lube if its too fast. I think that the MGC Elite is a little easier to use but with proper setup and adjustment either one should fit your turning style just fine, especially since both have adjustable magnets and springs and both respond well to lube.
I have heard that the tengyun v2 is better than the mgc elite. Is that true?

BenChristman1

WCA
2019CHRI11
SS Competition Results
What about gan 356 m? Gan 356 m and tengyun v2m, which one is better?

Is qiyi ms 2x2 better than the yj mgc 2x2?
Is yj mgc 4x4 better than the meilong 4x4m?
Is yuxin little magic 6x6 m better than the yj yushi v2m?
From what I've heard (I don't have any of these cubes, so I can't say for sure), Tengyun v2, MGC, MGC, and the Yushi v2.

Chinmay47

Here is a list of cubes that I have recently liked from the budget line. Can someone help me in picking the best one of them?

YuXin Kylin V2 M
YuXin Kirin Black
YuXin Little Magic Elite M
MF3RS3 Elite M
MF3RS3
Shengshou Mr. M
Thunderclap V1
Thunderclap V2
YuLong V2M
YJ Guanlong+
QiYi MS Magnetic 3x3
Which one would you suggest? I am also willing to get something magnetic from the budget line. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

Chinmay47

YuLong V2 M is really good. It was my main for ages. And btw it is magnetic
Thanks buddy. Even I feel the same. Its really cheap for a magnetic cube. Probably the right choice.

But did you think about the Kylin V2 M and the Little Magic Elite. They are also quite the budget type, and in fact, the Kylin V2 M is even tiled. I really love tiled cubes, probably one of the reasons I still use the Rubik's brand 3x3 a lot! What opinion do you have for these two?

WCA
2023FUKU01
Here is a list of cubes that I have recently liked from the budget line. Can someone help me in picking the best one of them?

YuXin Kylin V2 M
YuXin Kirin Black
YuXin Little Magic Elite M
MF3RS3 Elite M
MF3RS3
Shengshou Mr. M
Thunderclap V1
Thunderclap V2
YuLong V2M
YJ Guanlong+
QiYi MS Magnetic 3x3
Which one would you suggest? I am also willing to get something magnetic from the budget line. Any suggestions?
Yuxin little magic m is the best. You may refer to the poll here

alexiscubing

WCA
2018HIRS04
YouTube
Visit Channel
ordering within the hour and am getting a yushi 6x6 m, but idk what magnetic budget 2x2 to get. I like a stable feel, similar to valk, but for it to be faster. Debating between Yupo and MS 2x2. Which is better?