• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

I'm A Cuber

Ok guys here is my only complaint about this thread. People post answers to questions about cubes that they don’t have. PLEASE don’t do this. I don’t know about other people, but for me it is blatantly obvious when someone has two cubes and tells you which is better, and when you watched a Jperm video and he said that one was better than the other, so you go on to post that. Also, don’t just say that one is supposed to be better. Only give recommendations if you have both of the cubes.
Like all the rest of my posts recently, it is quite clear that I have been doing nothing all day lol I should get a life

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
Ok guys here is my only complaint about this thread. People post answers to questions about cubes that they don’t have. PLEASE don’t do this. I don’t know about other people, but for me it is blatantly obvious when someone has two cubes and tells you which is better, and when you watched a Jperm video and he said that one was better than the other, so you go on to post that. Also, don’t just say that one is supposed to be better. Only give recommendations if you have both of the cubes.
Like all the rest of my posts recently, it is quite clear that I have been doing nothing all day lol I should get a life

Why are you complaining about popular threads? Anyway, I can only speak for myself, but even if I don't own both cubes, I make sure I know what I'm talking about before giving recommendations.

I'm A Cuber

Yes I understand that I am double posting, but the two posts are two completely different topics, so I’m going to do it just this once
Edit: I guess this doesn’t apply anymore. Wow that took a long time to write
Can the Gan 356 RS M compete with the GTS 3 in terms of performance? they are pretty cheap.
I have the RS M and a GTS3M. I’m going to assume you are talking abut the non magnetic gts3. Here we go:
My GTS3 M is the faster of the two cubes. They have similar cornercutting. The GTS3M is very smooth, while the Gan is bumpy due to the honeycomb. Lube maintenance on the Gan is obnoxious, while it is fairly low for the GTS3M. I average the same on both, maybe 1/10 seconds faster on the GTS3M. However, using the unmagnetic Gan, my times were about three seconds slower. I would imagine the same would probably be true about an magnetic gts3. The performance on the rsm and gts3m are basically identical, but if I has to pick, I would pick the gts3m, simply because of the obnoxious amount of lube I have to put in my rsm. However, if you are talking about an unmagnetic gts3, then the Gan rsm would 100% be the way to go.

Anyway, I can only speak for myself, but even if I don't own both cubes, I make sure I know what I'm talking about before giving recommendations.
I’m fine with that, so long as “knowing what I’m talking about” means more than watching a few unboxings
I’m only double posting because I can’t figure out how to add quotes in editing. Is that possible? Thanks

Tabe

WCA
2017TABA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey, I think I wanna get into megaminx more. What is the best megaminx: The Yuhu, Galaxy v2, or Gan?
Haven't tried the new Yuhu though it's apparently really good. I have, however, used the Galaxy v2M and V2LM and the Gan. The V2 LM is definitely the best of those three. It has a better size and is faster than the original v2 and doesn't have the terrible grip of the Gan.

I'm A Cuber

Haven't tried the new Yuhu though it's apparently really good. I have, however, used the Galaxy v2M and V2LM and the Gan. The V2 LM is definitely the best of those three. It has a better size and is faster than the original v2 and doesn't have the terrible grip of the Gan.
Thumbs down, Small cubes ftw

s_e_a_n666

YouTube
Visit Channel
I like my Gan RS but I really want a customizable cube that would fit my aggressive turning. What flagships coming out rn should I get if I want strong springs and magnets?

NevEr_QeyX

I'm trying man when I do f2l I slow down a bit to keep it nice but when I get to PLL or I'm drilling algs I just randomly overshoot and twist a corner
Great! Now you know what to practice to get better!

Try to re-learn bad fingertricks and replace them with better fluid turning habits.

But back on topic, I would recommend The WR M/GTS 3 M if you don’t want to fix your turning.

s_e_a_n666

YouTube
Visit Channel
Great! Now you know what to practice to get better!

Try to re-learn bad fingertricks and replace them with better fluid turning habits.

But back on topic, I would recommend The WR M/GTS 3 M if you don’t want to fix your turning.
Ik fingertricks like reverse push and double flicks I tend to overshoot more on M moves and double flicks. But yeah back on topic the Valk elite's magnet design should fit me well being that my first 3x3 was a rubik's brand I found at school

NevEr_QeyX

Ik fingertricks like reverse push and double flicks I tend to overshoot more on M moves and double flicks. But yeah back on topic the Valk elite's magnet design should fit me well being that my first 3x3 was a rubik's brand I found at school
I have owned the XS, Valk elite, WR M, and GTS 3 and my preference is the WR M. But I also have things in cubes that I want that the aforementioned cubes do not provide me.

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
I have owned the XS, Valk elite, WR M, and GTS 3 and my preference is the WR M. But I also have things in cubes that I want that the aforementioned cubes do not provide me.

Your opinion isn't the same as everyone's, so @s_e_a_n666 just because Qeyx likes the WRM doesn't mean you will

I'm A Cuber

Everybody's entitled to be wrong now and then. Today was your turn.
lol that actually feels like my life
Example 1:
The LM also performs better besides being bigger
I wish I had known this before I got the normal one (5 months ago)
Example 2: my math for today
Example 3: My opinion on YruRU Vs briggs
Example 4 (according to most people): My opinion that Pyraminx is lame