• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

KPOACAH

Hello,guys! I want to ask you who are the good 3*3s in under 20 dollars. I actually have the gan r s, but for me it is not stable. Thank you!

I'm not buying the megaminx or square-1 because I want to focus on 3x3. Anyway
I am considering buying GTS 3. it is worth it to buy the non magnetic version because I can't spend 39 dollars worth of money for a cube that is just a magnetic version of the cheaper GTS 3. so my question is, does it impact performance on the GTS 3 buying the non-magnetic version?

Last edited:
Q

QuestionableCuber

Probably you would want magnetic cubes.
Either get the QiYi MS ($8), or the Qiyi Wuwei ($15), or if you are willing to spend a tiny bit extra, get the YJ MGC Elite ($22)
The Qiyi MS, from what I've heard is really good, Phill Yu and some others have started using it as their mains

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
I am considering buying GTS 3. it is worth it to buy the non magnetic version because I can't spend 39 dollars worth of money for a cube that is just a magnetic version of the cheaper GTS 3. so my question is, does it impact performance on the GTS 3 buying the non-magnetic version?
Definitely. I’ve heard the GTS3 to be very fast, and uncontrollable without magnets. Half a year back, I was debating whether to go for a GTS2M or a GTS3, and almost everyone said GTS2M

EngiNerdBrian

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
The cubicle pro shop little magic M is $19.99. I bought this when I had the same $20 budget. This is a great option to get a cube professionally setup, lubed, and its magnetic all within your budget. A good YLM is on par with other flagships in my opinion.

After exploring a bunch of other flagships (GanXS, tengyun, mgc3elite) I still main the YLM.

Life’s too short for non magnetic cubes. But seriously, as someone who cubed without magnets for years I’ll never go back to non-magnetic versions. Magnets FTW

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely. I’ve heard the GTS3 to be very fast, and uncontrollable without magnets. Half a year back, I was debating whether to go for a GTS2M or a GTS3, and almost everyone said GTS2M

I think I could magnetized the GTS 3 and making it a GTS 3 M for way less price, but even after the magnetizations, it is the same?

Last edited:

KPOACAH

You could just spend a few dollars on magnets and superglue, magnetise it, and it’ll be more stable (lots of people say it really needs magnets)
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm I think about this, but this cube is my main and if i make a mistake when i magnetise it(i have never magnetise a cube)

The cubicle pro shop little magic M is $19.99. I bought this when I had the same $20 budget. This is a great option to get a cube professionally setup, lubed, and its magnetic all within your budget. A good YLM is on par with other flagships in my opinion.

After exploring a bunch of other flagships (GanXS, tengyun, mgc3elite) I still main the YLM.
I actually don't live in America, but i'll look at the cube

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm I think about this, but this cube is my main and if i make a mistake when i magnetise it(i have never magnetise a cube)
It’s not too hard, just do some research on how to do it, and don’t make a stupid mistake. And if you mess up something, it’s likely fixable (superglue on outside? Believe me, saliva and some other things can dissolve it. Wrong polarity? Dig it out with a screw driver.

KPOACAH

The Qiyi MS, from what I've heard is really good, Phill Yu and some others have started using it as their mains
In my country they are not available

Hmmmm is the YJ YuLong a good cube?

It’s not too hard, just do some research on how to do it, and don’t make a stupid mistake. And if you mess up something, it’s likely fixable (superglue on outside? Believe me, saliva and some other things can dissolve it. Wrong polarity? Dig it out with a screw driver.
I can't buy any magnets :(

and also the non-magnetic valk 3? Is it good?