• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

EngiNerdBrian

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm thinking about getting the YJ MGC Elite 3x3. Any thoughts on quality?

Alot of people really like the cube as you can tell from many youtube review. I personally don’t think the quality of that cube is on par with other flagShips. Ive done a few hundred solves on mine and it still is not broken in or pleasant to solve with. I am not a fan. The plastic is very hard (looks nice) and my mgc3elite locks up more than any other modern cube I’ve used. It is very blocky and I don’t think there is enough difference between magnet settings and even after playing with tensions I am still not happy with the clunky and rough turning style of this cube.

I personally think my YJ Yulong V2m is a better overall cube and a definite better cube for the money in the YJ line. Of my many Yuxin little Magic’s (magnetic and not), GanXS, tengyun, mgc3elite, yulong v2m, & mf3rs the mgc3elite is my least enjoyable to solve with. That’s my $0.02 but many others love the cube.

NeoBridgeburn

Alot of people really like the cube as you can tell from many youtube review. I personally don’t think the quality of that cube is on par with other flagShips. Ive done a few hundred solves on mine and it still is not broken in or pleasant to solve with. I am not a fan. The plastic is very hard (looks nice) and my mgc3elite locks up more than any other modern cube I’ve used. It is very blocky and I don’t think there is enough difference between magnet settings and even after playing with tensions I am still not happy with the clunky and rough turning style of this cube.

I personally think my YJ Yulong V2m is a better overall cube and a definite better cube for the money in the YJ line. Of my many Yuxin little Magic’s (magnetic and not), GanXS, tengyun, mgc3elite, yulong v2m, & mf3rs the mgc3elite is my least enjoyable to solve with. That’s my $0.02 but many others love the cube.
Ok, what about the DaYan Guhong 3M. If that isnt good then recommend something magnetic under 1000 BDT

Sub1Hour

WCA
2018BECK05
YouTube
Visit Channel
Ok, what about the DaYan Guhong 3M. If that isnt good then recommend something magnetic under 1000 BDT
I would get the wuwei or thunderclap v3 over the guhong v3. I have all 3 of the cubes and the wuwei and thunderclap v3 just feel like more complete cubes. I prefer the wuwei and I think it's on par with current flagships. I also think that the thunderclap would be a great choice if you liked the valk power but thought it was too slow. The only reason I would use the guhong v3 is if my fast cubes all died and If really needed an OH main. It can be good for people that like a fast cube for OH, but the stability and cornercutting leaves much to be desired. The cornercutting on the cube is really weird because it cuts an obscene amount while testing, in fact it cornercuts the best on the market WHILE TESTING. in an actual solve its cornercutting is not that great and its also not very stable. Overall if you want something cheap but fantastic go for the wuwei M.

Tabe

WCA
2017TABA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
yushi or mgc 6x6?` my friend is probably buying a shadow, and will sell me his mgc if he does, but im not sure about buying it, because the yushi is $21 and the mgc is $39
The MGC is better. They have relatively similar feels but the MGC just does everything better. It's the best 6x6 on the market right now.

But...the Yushi is really good.

Sub1Hour

WCA
2018BECK05
YouTube
Visit Channel
yushi or mgc 6x6?` my friend is probably buying a shadow, and will sell me his mgc if he does, but im not sure about buying it, because the yushi is $21 and the mgc is $39
Honestly the shadow is more of a downgrade from the MGC, not going to judge, but I will because the MGC 6x6 figured out how to be fast and stable, something I have not seen from any other 6x6. If he prefers a slower cube then yes the shadow is better but the MGC is just miles ahead in terms of speed and is just as if not more stable then the shadow

NevEr_QeyX

Thanks, if you want my opinion on the Yushi its the 3rd best 6x6 out right now. In terms of factory magnetic cubes my scale goes 4. Aoshi GTS 3. Yushi v2 2. Shadow 1. MGC
Honestly the shadow is more of a downgrade from the MGC, not going to judge, but I will because the MGC 6x6 figured out how to be fast and stable, something I have not seen from any other 6x6. If he prefers a slower cube then yes the shadow is better but the MGC is just miles ahead in terms of speed and is just as if not more stable then the shadow

Of course all hail MGC, Huzzah MaGiC powers.

Justin0325

Should I get the gan xs pro shopped or super nova version. I know their isn’t much difference but their the same price for me and I don’t know which is better please help