• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

MarkA64

So I'm trying to wrap my head around some things before I buy a black Gan cube...

If I'm understanding correctly, the X V2 is just an X with the all-plastic core and tensioning system of the XS? So it has the same piece design as the X but with only this change? And of course the matte finish.

Last edited:
WCA
2019HENK01
I've been looking at getting either the Gan 356 x numerical ipg or ipg v5, and I don't know which is better.
They only have different tensioning options; numerical ipg has only 3 settings but it is easier (without a tool) and tensions will be the same on all the sides while ipg5 takes longer but you can have whatever tension you want using the gan tool.
You have to decide what you think is "better".

Ge
I've been looking at getting either the Gan 356 x numerical ipg or ipg v5, and I don't know which is better.
IPG v5 is better unless you don't care about having more tensioning options. Also don't go for the v2 or the xs, they both have plastic cores that could easily break. My cube's metal screw broke, imagine if it had been made out of plastic.

ketchupcuber

I tried the XS and it was complete trash. Garbage. I'd main a nonmag YLM over it.
i dont think you can say xs is garbage considering the fact that the majority of top cubers use it and the world record was set on it also j perm thinks its the best cube

gotta respect j perm

ketchupcuber

i get that but you shouldnt call a popular cube garbage just say it doesnt work for me.
i hate the valk elite doesnt make it garbage