• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

xcross

I am looking to spend under 25 dollars on a new speed cube, and I don't have any idea on what to get. Preferably have it be pre setup considering I have no idea how to setup a cube properly. I currently am using a MF3.

Ash Black

WCA
2017BLAC06
YouTube
Visit Channel
it depends on how you want your cubes to feel
the gts2m, mf3r2m, m3rs3m, valk 3 m, tengyun m, are probably the best options, in my opinion.
the YJ Yulong V2M is also really good, and it's only 8 USD
all the cubes have different feelings, so some may work better for you than others

if you have any questions, i can probably answer them.
i hope this post helped!

YouTube
Visit Channel
it depends on how you want your cubes to feel
the gts2m, mf3r2m, m3rs3m, valk 3 m, tengyun m, are probably the best options, in my opinion.
the YJ Yulong V2M is also really good, and it's only 8 USD
all the cubes have different feelings, so some may work better for you than others

if you have any questions, i can probably answer them.
i hope this post helped!
That and little magic m, wuwei m, MGC Elite M, and Guhong v3 M

G0ingInsqne

WCA
2020XUHU01
I have around $100, and I want to get into 5x5 and 6x6 but not soon(maybe in 2-3 months). Since TheCubicle is running a sale now, should I buy my cubes now or wait until potentially better hardware comes out for me to buy? Thanks!

OreKehStrah

YouTube
Visit Channel
I have around $100, and I want to get into 5x5 and 6x6 but not soon(maybe in 2-3 months). Since TheCubicle is running a sale now, should I buy my cubes now or wait until potentially better hardware comes out for me to buy? Thanks!
I would just get the hardware now. I highly doubt any new revolutionary hardware would come out. If one did, it would probably only offer marginal improvements compared to what’s available now. Plus, if you do get extra time you’ll already have them!

EngiNerdBrian

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
I enjoy the light weight feel and smoothness of my Yuxin little magic (stickered, no magnets). I also have a Yuxin kylin v2m; I really like the stability of the v2m but it does feel a bit sluggish compared to my little magic. The v2m is also noticeably heavier or at least feels like it takes more effort to turn.

Would a Cubicle pro shop magnetized sticker-less Yuxin little magic be a good compromise of these 2 cubes or would a magnetized little magic be just marginally different than the V2m? If you've used some of these cubes would you say it's worth $20 for the magnetized little magic or will it feel very similar to the v2m i already have?

noahk147

I was wondering what the best 9x9 cube is for the money. I don't do any speed solving so popping shouldn't be a huge problem. The largest cube I have now is the yuxin 5x5 and I love it, the turning is very smooth and I've never had it pop. I want a bigger cube that takes longer to solve, I know it isn't much more difficult than my 5x5. I was thinking the yuxin little magic but I was wondering if I should spend a little more for a better one?

noahk147

Thanks for the replies, I just ordered the YLM and a pandora cube to get free shipping. Now I'm excited!