• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Tabe

WCA
2017TABA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
So recently I sold some of my cubes, and I made about 60$ off of the entire ordeal, and I want to get a new 3x3 and 4x4. I was wondering if I should wait for the Gan xs or just get the X right now. Also any suggestions for 4x4s? My total budget is about 75 but could go up to 80.
Get the Aosu GTS2M for 4x4.

CrabbyCuber

Hey guys, I’m not in the us but wanted to get scs’s halloween pack cuz it looks great, and to avoid paying pricey shipping twice, I waned to get myself a new 3x3, with PVC coating. Only their cosmic or supernova cubes can come with pvc coating, but I don’t want to spend heaps. I definitely want to get it magnetic tho, so I don’t have to magnetise it myself (I seem to not be great at that). I was leaning towards the Yulong V2 M, as I like my normal version and it’s cheap. Anyone tried that in particular before, or have experience with SCS custom cubes or pvc coating?

Oh and in terms of my cubing ability, I average right around 20 secs on 3x3 but pb is 12.9, and my cubes get a decent bit of use so wanting a cube that can stand a while and still be good. (My self-magnetised gan air has clocked at least 7000 solves by now and is still great, need a cube to live up to that age mark, at least a couple years).
Oh, and my turning style is relatively high tps, slightly rough (but working on that!) and is appreciative of easy corner cutting.

Any input would be highly appreciated!
Cheers!

Last edited:

Jeff Dunham

With $50 AUD total ($35 USD) budget I want a 2x2 and 4x4 cube, both magnetic. What is the best combo?

Just for context on my magnet preference, my 3x3 is a Moyu GTS 2M. I think the magnets should be a bit stronger. I'd prefer something closer to the strength of gan air sm (somewhere in between).

GenTheSnail

WCA
2016GEEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
As a sub 45 solver, I use a GAN356 Air (it's not magnetic because I couldn't be bothered to spend an extra $8, but I think a strong magnetic cube would be very good).

It's a good cube for Feet as it's very stable. I think I switched out the orange and green shades for fluros for better visibility. It's mostly just lubed with a lot of whatever heavy stuff I was using when I was actively practicing Feet (either Cubicle Weight 4 or Traxxas 50k).

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
Big Sail with very strong magnets and black instead of orange and hot pink instead of red. I’ve considered switching to a GTS3M probably with extra magnets, but haven’t spent that money yet.