• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Mystheman

order of how good they are within the price categories

If you are on a budget- Cheap- MGCv2 M, Yulong V2 M, Kylin V2 M, MF3RS3M, Little Magic M

If you want a good cube, and don’t want to spend all your money on the best on the market- Good- Gan 354 M, Yuexiao Pro M, Tengyun M, GTS2M, GTS3M, Valk M, Valk Power M, MF3RS2M,

The best cubes on the market, perfect in every aspect- Great- Yuxin Huanglong M, Gan X, Weilong Wrm

This is all my opinion, so it might not be true for you
Omg, I didn't know that prices had been changed this much. 55$ for Gan. Thank you for your suggestions, I'll be looking for all of them :)

Zain_A24

YouTube
Visit Channel
I agree with Cubingcubecuber.

Speedcubes can be split into three categories. Budget, Great and Expert. I'd say you'd be best getting a cube in the Great or Expert category. A magnetic cube would probably be best. Check out the link below, as well as watching Speedcubereview's and other cubing Youtuber reviews on the cubes before purchasing. However, a cube that works for one person may not be the best cube for you.

https://www.speedsolving.com/threads/which-cube-should-i-get-up-to-date-recommendations.70960/

In terms of where to buy, if you don't mind waiting a couple of weeks for your cubes but they cost a fraction of the price, try cubezz.com
Their cubes are much cheaper than any other store and their service is excellent. Not to forget they have free international shipping. I would definitely recommend checking it out. I have bought several cubes from this store and they are very reliable.

Glad to have a former cuber returning to the community.

Zain

kxssam

I recently started Cubing a few days ago... I have solved a few times but not very fast... the Rubik’s cube I have is really slow and annoying, so I was looking to upgrade... I am willing to pay $20 on Amazon Canada... I have been looking at the Yuxin little Magic and MF3RS2... I am scared to get the little magic as I am worried it will be to fast and feel flimsy... Iwhich cube would you recommend?? I also don’t want to have to adjust or lube anything... I want it good out of the box. Preferably sticker less

Last edited:

phuque99

I recently started Cubing a few days ago... I have solved a few times but not very fast... the Rubik’s cube I have is really slow and annoying, so I was looking to upgrade... I am willing to pay $20 on Amazon Canada... I have been looking at the Yuxin little Magic and MF3RS2... I am scared to get the little magic as I am worried it will be to fast and feel flimsy... Iwhich cube would you recommend?? I also don’t want to have to adjust or lube anything... I want it good out of the box. Preferably sticker less

I have both Little Magic and the MF3 series cubes. The MF3 ones flimsier and less stable. You should really get the Little Magic. It is not "fast" as you put it and a lot more stable (no distortion) when you need to flip the cube around to look.

kxssam

also, use cancube.ca
Issue is, shipping is an extra $10, it would make more sense to try and find it on amazon.

I have both Little Magic and the MF3 series cubes. The MF3 ones flimsier and less stable. You should really get the Little Magic. It is not "fast" as you put it and a lot more stable (no distortion) when you need to flip the cube around to look.
Ok, will do, I have heard a few reviews and people say it’s hard to control...

yj mgc is also very good
I have heard that... I just really don’t want a a cube with stickers...

I have read lots of reviews on it and most say it is flimsy and feels lose out of the box, I don’t want to learn how to tension things and buy stuff to lube it when I’m just starting out, that’s why I’m a bit skeptical

phuque99

I have read lots of reviews on it and most say it is flimsy and feels lose out of the box, I don’t want to learn how to tension things and buy stuff to lube it when I’m just starting out, that’s why I’m a bit skeptical

I'm a beginner like you—and I bought way too many cubes based on reviews done by established speed cubers that turn accurately and cut corners. I also needed a stable cube that doesn't warp or distort when I press the sides—and in order of descending stability and control without lube (for beginner):

Valk 3 (factory lube removed) > Little Magic > MF3RS > MF3RS3 > Meilong

Meilong is especially unstable and harder to do M slices for Roux. And the MF3 series have these weird "spring" ticking sounds during turns.

Last edited:

AbsoRuud

WCA
2019POLL04
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm a beginner like you—and I bought way too many cubes based on reviews done by established speed cubers that turns accurately and cuts corners. I also needed a stable cube that doesn't warp or distort when I press the sides—and in order of descending stability and control without lube (for beginner):

Valk 3 (factory lube removed) > Little Magic > MF3RS > MF3RS3 > Meilong

Meilong is especially unstable and harder to do M slices for Roux.
But when you magnetize the MeiLong it becomes insanely good. :)

phuque99

But when you magnetize the MeiLong it becomes insanely good. :)

That's what I heard as well—like a magnetised GAN I suppose? Without magnets, my F turns can accidentally end up with 2F! :p

I'll think about magnets when I get better a roux. It seems a lot more fun than CFOP, less algs to memorise as well!

Iwannaganx

I do not agree with the assessment of the QiYi Warrior W. I really like this cube. It's pretty stable and good for beginners. It's also dirt cheap.
yeah.... na. i hate it and it feels really unstable and i undershoot almost every turn. feel cheap and not well made like some other budget cubes. could relly have been improved, just like the qiyi qidi s.