• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
WCA
2023FUKU01
Self magnetise it?
The Cubing Classroom mini 5.0cm is a smaller mf3rs. That's why it works well with strong magnets.

Perhaps I shall explain the definition of "budget" to you. LMAO because the 354 M is like 40$
I am just giving suggestions. I am saying that both Cubing Classroom mini 5.0cm and GAN 354 M are good for OH.

Yes and no, the customisability features are not as good as they should be, or as good as I hoped they would be. Most of the GES nuts included are unviable and a similar issue is present with the magnet strengths. The strongest magnet strength is what I would consider sorta mid strength. Despite this it is still a absolutely great puzzles and is my main.

MBCubes

Nowadays, cubing products have become overly expensive with the add of magnets, and for gan cubes the GES. But now a new form of innovation in the form of interchangeable magnets has just been introduced by Gan. This has caused Gan 356x to cost a massive 60$!(Also the numerical ipg core makes it expensive) So I made this thread to see how many people actually think this cube is worth it.
Absolutely not at least for me I think I’ve just never been a fan of gan cubes but when solving the cube doesn’t really feel like a normal cube and feels just not right. It’s hard to explain but it feels like I’m getting weird lockup’s and if you have it on the 0.6 tension setting the cube won’t be able to cornercut sh*t. Overall I think I’ve just never liked gan cubes like the air line I just didn’t really like all that much and specifically the sm to me didn’t really feel smooth it more felt like I could feel the plastic rubbing against itself but not in a frictiony way and it felt just strange to me so I never liked it and the 354 had problems with stability and being very awkward to hold because of the sharp corners and I wasn’t cubing before the air line but all of those cubes are outdated now anyway.

Bamboo Cuber

WCA
2018WANJ09
YouTube
Visit Channel
The cube quality is pretty good, though I do think that it’s a little bit overpriced as the switchable magnets are not really viable because of how unstable it is if you don’t use the white magnets

efattah

It's the best cube I have used (I use the yellow spring set and have never even added lube since I bought it).
Cubing is the cheapest hobby in the world, pretty much. Even the Gan356i for $120 is dirt cheap compared to most hobbies that cost thousands and thousands of dollars. I honestly laugh whenever people complain about prices in cubing. If there were only two cubes available in the world, a 1980 Rubik that is near useless, and the Gan 356X or similar, people would easily pay $500 for the cube. It is only because healthy market competition that cubes are so cheap ($60).

Jacob F

I have a 354m that just broke. I’m going to get either another 354m or a gan 356. Is the 15$ difference worth paying to get the 356, or are they basically the same

YouTube
Visit Channel
I've tried a lot of 356Xs at comps, and I gotta say, it preforms like most other cubes. Sure, it's very customizable, but most of the settings are useless. Also, once you set it up, you'll probably never use any of the other settings again. But like I said, it just preforms like everything else, so I don't see what's so special about it. I can think of a lot of cubes that are just as good, if not better, and cost a lot less. And sure, like efattah said, cubing is a pretty cheap hobby. But why would you spend $60 on a cube when you can get one that's just as good for $25? If you like the X, then cool, but I personally don't see how it's worth it.

WCA
2023FUKU01

Nanite

okay seriously, I have a Gougan again 3x3 that is amazing for the price and it Corner Cuts beautifully
I use a Guogan stickerless 2x2 as a poor girls infinity cube. Coll little golf ball looking center.