• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

AbsoRuud

WCA
2019POLL04
YouTube
Visit Channel
I honestly cannot decide between the MF3RS2 or the YJ YuLong V2 M. Could someone help me?
Edit: Unmagnetized MF3RS2.
Without owning the MF3RS2 I am still gonna recommend it, cause there's something about the YuLong that I really don't like. It corner twists a fair amount and it feels very heavy to turn, even though it's very fast.

WCA
2023FUKU01
Without owning the MF3RS2 I am still gonna recommend it, cause there's something about the YuLong that I really don't like. It corner twists a fair amount and it feels very heavy to turn, even though it's very fast.
I have tried the mf3rs2, but the corner cutting isn't comparable to other budget 3x3s, like the yuxin little magic, mf3rs3 and the YJ yulong v2m.

Sion

Is the valk 3 m any good and should I get it over the tengyun?

Ah, good choices.

I personally recommend the Valk 3 moreso on the basis of personal prefference, but the two are pretty different from eachother.

The valk 3 is stable, clean, and has a crunchier, crisp feel when turning fast (It doesn't feel grind-y though. actually really pleasent). It does tend to be on the loud side, however, though there are basically no catches and locks, no matter how harshly you turn it.

The tengyun is fast, flexible, and has a soft, plush feel when turning fast (though flexible, it isn't unstable, and the plush feeling is quite awesome). It is much quieter, so it's better when you're travelling, but it does experience slightly more catching and locking issues than the valk 3.

I hope this helps you!

Q

QuestionableCuber

Thank you!
Although I love a soft buttery feel I will have to go with the valk. The no lock ups and crisp crunchy feel is awesome.

StrideGd

So, I've decided to not get either of those cubes. Right now, I'm looking for a good budget 4x4. Can't buy the WuQue by the way.
After that I'm prolly getting a YJ MGC.

neeamradia

I was looking at buying an angstrom Valk 2m and A Mystic GTS3M. Then I saw the price - 70$ even with my 7$ voucher it was too expensive. I live in the UK so there is also the cost of shipping. Here is my collection - Cubicle Labs Valk M, Moyu ball bearing Pyraminx, Moyu weilong v2, cubicle labs wuque m.

Should I get the 2x2 or the mystic Gts3m?

I alternatively could do a 'project' - get a cube such as a thunder clap and do a full lube, magnets and sticker job?

Or I could make force cubes.

Thanks for your help in advance!

WCA
2018BRUM01
If I were you, I would by something like a little magic, magnets, and some lube, and set it up yourself, because that way you can have the experience, and you can make the feel exactly how you want it.

If you don't want to put in alot of effort, then the gts3m is a very solid option, and you can't really go wrong with it.

if you don't even own a 2x2 right now, then I would just get an mgc, because it is way cheaper, and it is a very good option for someone learning how to get good at 2x2, and it is very similar to the valk. I can only recommend the valk if you are currently sub 5

neeamradia

Ok

So maybe like the Gts3m and the mgc? With cubicle lube service?

I do really want to do a project such as a little magic m or a mf3rs2m

neeamradia

Looking at getting mgc 2x2 pro shop, mystic Gts3m or wrm and maybe a little magic, magnet kit and lubes. Any thoughts?

neeamradia

So am looking at getting the pro shop mgc 2x2. In my original post for my query, I showed my collection. Is it worth me getting the mystic Gts3m or wrm or should I just setup magnetise a cube etc

Sion

I'll be the honest one:

It has a unique feeling and turns great, but there are puzzles that are cheaper and just as, if not slightly better in performance at the same price point.

The gimmicks would've been a plus, if the given options were all equally viable and useful. the Yellow and Green magnets are too weak to put up with the speed, and with nulls, it's absolutely awful (about as stable as a Senhuan mars)

Purple through green are excessively fast. Green is kinda nice, but yellow nuts are the only ones I'd feel fully confident in using.

I find that it needs the most maintenance in terms of up-keep (need to clean more often). This isn't to say that it doesn't perform well, and it does, it just doesn't hold onto lube for very long before I need to clean it out again.

One concern I do have is how flimsy the plastic is. when I take off caps or such during cleaning, I find that the plastic is very flimsy, and makes me wonder if this cube could handle a large amount of rough-play. I find myself to be much more gentle using the X out of fear it could be damaged much more easily than some of my other cubes.

I can safely say that numerical is more gimmicky than practical.

If I am to say if I recommend the X? It certainly has a plush, soft feeling like no-other cube, but I can only recommend it if you're going to be more gentle with it (eg, not throwing it everywhere. putting it at the bottom of a book-bag, or intentionally turning it rough), and if you know how to lube a cube properly.

Otherwise, I would recommend you look elsewhere.

Max C.

WCA
2015CHAN37
YouTube
Visit Channel
What cube is similar to the Cubicle MF3RS2 M?

Recently, thecubicle.com ran out of MF3RS2 Ms and I want another cube that has a similar feeling, if anyone has tried another cube similar to this, please reply back as I need a new 3x3 main. I currently have a MF3RS2 M, but it is a year old and the lube ran out. If someone could comment back soon, that would be greatly appreciated!

neeamradia

Maybe just buy a mf3rs2m, some magnets (ask around for which strength and where to buy from), so traxxas 30k, dnm and speedy. It is also quite fun to do this.