• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Renegade

Hello! I am a begginer cuber that has been cubing for about 2 months now. My cube is definitely not the best, not a rubik's brand. Heck, I don't even know what it is. It turns okay, but meh. I have recently been looking into getting a better 3x3 and probably a pyraminx. What 3x3 and pyraminx would you recommend and why? Thank you!
P. S. Forgot to mention that I'm on a budget. Something under 20 dollars.

VIBE_ZT

WCA
2018TRUD02
So here is a list of all my mains for every event.

I realize that some of these cubes aren't the greatest, which is why I wanted to make a post asking the community which they would recommend. I will put them all here just in case there is a better option than what I currently use.

Price is not an issue. I usually save for cubes anyway. Though... < 60-65$ is a lot. So I might not want to buy something at that price point.

2x2: Cubicle YJ MGC
I quite like this cube

3x3, OH, Feet, BLD: MoYu Weilong GTS3M
Very good, but a bit fast. Slowed down with Compound X, it is amazing.

4x4: Cubicle QiYi Mini WuQue M
Perfect in my opinion

5x5: none atm but I am ordering a YLM 5x5 M
no current opinion

6x6: Cosmic QiYi WuHua v2 M
Pretty good, but a bit slow.

7x7: QiYi WuJi
Hard to control, and the layers are rather uneven. Smooth turning.

Clock: LingAo
Turns well. Pins are bad though. Planning on magnetizing them.

Megaminx: XMD Galaxy v2 LM
Honestly amazing. Couldn't ask for better.

Skewb: XMD Wingy
Very good and tactile. Controllable. Skewb is my main event so

Pyraminx: XMD Bell (highest magnet setting)
Couldn't ask for better.

Square-1: XMD Volt
Leaves a lot to be desired. I am interested in the one YuXin is planning to release. Should release next week or so, I believe.

Last edited:

CornerCutter

YouTube
Visit Channel
So here is a list of all my mains for every event.

I realize that some of these cubes aren't the greatest, which is why I wanted to make a post asking the community which they would recommend. I will put them all here just in case there is a better option than what I currently use.

Price is not an issue. I usually save for cubes anyway. Though... < 60-65$ is a lot. So I might not want to buy something at that price point.

2x2: Cubicle YJ MGC
I quite like this cube

3x3, OH, Feet, BLD: MoYu Weilong GTS3M
Very good, but a bit fast. Slowed down with Compound X, it is amazing.

4x4: Cubicle QiYi Mini WuQue M
Perfect in my opinion

5x5: none atm but I am ordering a YLM 5x5 M
no current opinion

6x6: Cosmic QiYi WuHua v2 M
Pretty good, but a bit slow.

7x7: QiYi WuJi
Hard to control, and the layers are rather uneven. Smooth turning.

Clock: LingAo
Turns well. Pins are bad though. Planning on magnetizing them.

Megaminx: XMD Galaxy v2 M
Honestly amazing. Couldn't ask for better.

Skewb: XMD Wingy
Very good and tactile. Controllable. Skewb is my main event so

Pyraminx: XMD Bell (highest magnet setting)
Couldn't ask for better.

Square-1: XMD Volt
Leaves a lot to be desired. I am interested in the one YuXin is planning to release. Should release next week or so, I believe.
I recommend:
2x2/3x3: You should try some other cubes, but the MGC/GTS3M are both great!
5x5: Wushuang M would be better
6x6: X-Man Shadow M
7x7: X-Man Spark M
Clock: Magnetic LingAo

Everything else looks great!

Tabe

WCA
2017TABA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I would recommend:

2x2: Valk 2. If you want *FAST*, then Shengshou Mr. M
4x4: Moyu Aosu GTS2M
5x5: Moyu Aochuang GTSM
6x6: Moyu Aoshi GTSM
7x7: Qiyi X-Man Spark
Clock: A magnetic Lingao
Megaminx: Galaxy v2 LM - the LM is much better than the regular v2, IMHO
Skewb: Moyu Aoyan

Brady2335

I have quite a few cubes and right now I’m having a hard time deciding on a main 3x3. Now that I’ve switched back to cfop I’m starting to like my Valk power m more than I used to. However, I also love customizablility of my gan 356 x but I also like the size of the 354. I get similar mid 20 times on each of them and with the return to Toronto comp tomorrow I’m starting to feel the pressure of deciding which I should main. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)

dmontana

Hello,
It says in the "Up to date recomm thread" that the best budget 4x4 is the QiYi Thunderclap Mini 4x4 ($12.95) and then the great one is over $30. Are there no good (ie better than the Thunderclap mini) cubes in the $15-30 range? Shoud I just get the thunderclap mini?

EStorm

Hello everyone
The first speedcube I've ever bought is (or was ? sorry for my english) the Dayan Zhanchi V5. I love the clicky feeling you have when you turn it. Is there a top speedcube with magnets and with the same feeling as the Dayan ? Thanks for reading !

Hunar

I am very confused which 3x3 cube should I buy, GTS3M or Dayan Tengyun M. Please help me I am going for Indian Nationals and I want a better cube.

WCA
2023FUKU01
I have a Qiyuan and the inner layer always gets awful pops and crazy explosion. My pb is 3mins. Should I get the thunderclap as an upgrade? Also, how about the cengfeng 4x4 and the G4?
I am going to magnetize my new 4x4. Among the thunderclap, the cengfeng 4x4 and the G4, which one is the best?
I want a 4x4 which doesn't pop and both outer and inner layer works well, and I'm on tight budget.