• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

dboeren

I need a new magnetic main 3x3. I had two before. A GTS2M which I'm retiring since I had it signed by Erno Rubik last night, and a GAN Air UM that for the life of me I cannot figure out where it is hiding. I liked the speed of the GAN but it felt a bit too light. I haven't tried a Valk.

I'm thinking of trying out one of the Supernova or Cubicle Labs cubes (up to now I've just bought "off the shelf"), and I am a Roux solver so good M slices are a must. I will at least get it set up in advance but would prefer something that works great out of the box, not one that starts gummy and require a lot of break-in time.

Thanks!

I need a new magnetic main 3x3. I had two before. A GTS2M which I'm retiring since I had it signed by Erno Rubik last night, and a GAN Air UM that for the life of me I cannot figure out where it is hiding. I liked the speed of the GAN but it felt a bit too light. I haven't tried a Valk.

I'm thinking of trying out one of the Supernova or Cubicle Labs cubes (up to now I've just bought "off the shelf"), and I am a Roux solver so good M slices are a must. I will at least get it set up in advance but would prefer something that works great out of the box, not one that starts gummy and require a lot of break-in time.

Thanks!
The Qiyi valk Power M has GREAT M-slices. 38$ on thecubicle.us

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
I want to buy a new skewb, a new squan, guoguan yuexiao, and mf3rs. Which two should i buy?
I cannot really recommend which two out the four options you gave, because it really depends on what you want. If you want a new 3x3, then for sure get the GuoGuan Yuexiao over the MF3RS (at least in my opinion), but if you have a 3x3 that you like and you want to just get a Skewb and Square 1, then for the Skewb get the Qiyi Wingy (Cosmic or not) since that is the best Skewb on the market at the moment. And for Square 1 I would highly recommend that you get the Cosmic Volt M from SpeedCubeShop, they do a really great job on the Volt and I have really enjoyed it a lot.

Palmtop Tiger

I am getting into speedcubing, what is the best cheap 3x3 for that?
---------------------
i currently have a QiYi 3x3.
As it has been said before the mf3rs2 and the little magic are generally considered the best budget 3x3s right now. But you could also continue using your qiyi. I honestly don't know any bad qiyi 3x3s. It's probably a sail, a warrior (old or w) or a thunderclap (v1 or v2). All of which should be good enough for any beginner. And you won't really notice a difference between good and very good cubes until you reach a certain speed anyway. So maybe sticking with you qiyi and saving your money for now and then getting a high end cube when you see progress and know that you want to continue with cubing could also be a good alternative.

RTheCubingKid

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hello,I'm planning to become a cube collector soon,and I want a 5x5 for under $15,and I don't want the Rubik's brand 5x5 because I've heard that it locks up all the time. (Fun fact:Some people call it the "Rubik's Brick".)

SolveThatCube

WCA
2014ADCO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hello,I'm planning to become a cube collector soon,and I want a 5x5 for under $15,and I don't want the Rubik's brand 5x5 because I've heard that it locks up all the time. (Fun fact:Some people call it the "Rubik's Brick".)
I would recommend the YuXin 5x5 (you should be able to get it for under $15 from Chinese stores)
Otherwise the YuXin Cloud or the MoFang JiaoShi MF5 5x5 are both good cheap options. :)

Nisheeth

Hello. I was looking at buying a 4x4. The options I can see are these:
eymsHD0

eymsHD0.png

QA9f23c.png

I currently have a 3x3 Moyu Aolong, so I am leaning towards the moyu here too.

EDIT: Fixed image links.

Nisheeth

Do you have a budget? Do you have to buy from amazon?
Haven't explicitly thought of the budget.

Would prefer to not have it sold in India, since importing costs tend to be almost double the cost. The only dedicated shop (SCMU, its online only) I know has been down "for maintenance" for some time.

So, I don't have to buy it from amazon, but I don't know any other place that works.

EDIT: just checked again, seems the site is up. Might have been my browser loading an older page. So I can get from SCMU.
The options (4x4) that look good to me over there are:
1) YJ YUSU
2) MoYu AoSu
3) QiYi Mo Fang Ge
4) ShengShou V5
5) YuXin ZiSheng

Last edited:

Nisheeth

I would check out Thecubicle.us and SpeedCubeShop.

I like the Wuque and it is about $20. https://www.amazon.com/Cuberspeed-b...TF8&qid=1524421837&sr=8-4&keywords=QIyi+Wuque

or https://thecubicle.us/qiyi-wuque-p-8004.html depending on shipping cost.

Or if money is no object a Cubicle Labs/Cosmic Wuque M 4x4.

For budget I think the Yuxin Blue/Guansu. In that order (haven't tried Blue).

I just had made an edit, which seems to have been just after you replied (took me a bit to go through the options). Suggestions out of those?