• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

DGCubes

WCA
2013GOOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
So, I am buying a speedcube from these:

MoYu Weilong vs Shengshou Aurora VS QiYi Thunderclap V2

but I don't know which one. Please suggest me one with a reason.

Why those cubes? They're all very old/outdated now. If I had to pick from those three, I'd say the WeiLong and Thunderclap V2 are both decent, but I wouldn't recommend either in 2018 since there are so many better cubes.

I'd recommend instead looking into something like a WeiLong GTS2 M or Gan356 Air SM. If those are too expensive for you, I've heard really good things about the MF3RS2 and the YuXin Little Magic (and their magnetic versions if you can afford them). These are both really good budget cubes, and I'd say they're better than the cubes you listed.

AcuberCubes

WCA
2017JHAA01
Hey, so I need a new 4x4 and I came down to 2 options. The WuQue and the Mini ThunderClap M Presetup.(Both priced the same). I am a 2 minute solver and the 4x4 i have just pops and lockups waaay too much(Cangfeng). What should I buy? Thanks to anyone who replies! Thunderclap.png

Attachments

• WuQue.png
    WuQue.png
    289 KB · Views: 5
  • Thunderclap 2.png
    Thunderclap 2.png
    149 KB · Views: 2

dskids

WCA
2017SKID01
The WuQue and the Mini ThunderClap M Presetup.(Both priced the same).
I have never tried the Thunderclap 4x4, let alone a magnetic version so I can't comment on that. But there's a reason pretty much everyone uses the Wuque - it's the best 4x4 on the market. If you are worried about the puzzle not having magnets, you can add them yourself for cheap and it's a fun project.

AcuberCubes

WCA
2017JHAA01
I have never tried the Thunderclap 4x4, let alone a magnetic version so I can't comment on that. But there's a reason pretty much everyone uses the Wuque - it's the best 4x4 on the market. If you are worried about the puzzle not having magnets, you can add them yourself for cheap and it's a fun project.
Thanks! That was really helpful!

xyzzy

Depends on whether you're willing to wait a few weeks/months; Moyu has sent out Aoshi GTS prototypes to testers, Qiyi teased a new 6×6×6 under the X-Man Design subbrand, and there'll be a new Yuxin one too. The Aoshi GTS and the Yuxin one are both expected to be the next big thing; no news yet on whether the XMD one is going to be a "budget"-tier cube or another flagship alongside the Wuhua.

There isn't really one universally-liked cube for 6×6×6, so it's hard to meaningfully recommend puzzles there. Going from memory (from what I've seen on r/cubers and on this forum), other than the Yuxin Red, people also use the Wuhua v1, the Wuhua v2, the Weishi GTS, and the Cyclone Boys G6.

dskids

WCA
2017SKID01
Out of the options are there any that are smooth and doesnt lock up?
What are the turning styles for the cubes you recomended?
I have a Wuhua V1 and it catches constantly. Take that with a grain of salt though because I'm also just really bad at turning big cubes so it could mostly be my technique (or lack thereof). Major thing to consider IMO is puzzle size. Both the Wuhua and Aoshi are 67mm versus the 65mm Yuxin Red.

Mastercuber04

YouTube
Visit Channel
I have a Wuhua V1 and it catches constantly. Take that with a grain of salt though because I'm also just really bad at turning big cubes so it could mostly be my technique (or lack thereof). Major thing to consider IMO is puzzle size. Both the Wuhua and Aoshi are 67mm versus the 65mm Yuxin Red.
I am also quite bad when it comes to turning big cubes, and i hate the bumby locky feeling of a cube
Are there any smooth turning 6x6s that are flexible with turning?

Dryabe

Right now I am in need of a decent 2x2 budget cube, any recommendations?

I am looking at the Shengshou Gem 2x2 right now and was wondering if it was worth it, and if not, what is a good budget 2x2 cube, hopefully $10.00>.

I forgot to mention it needs to be a good beginner cube, not too fast or slow.

Last edited by a moderator:

AcuberCubes

WCA
2017JHAA01
Right now I am in need of a decent 2x2 budget cube, any recommendations?

I am looking at the Shengshou Gem 2x2 right now and was wondering if it was worth it, and if not, what is a good budget 2x2 cube, hopefully $10.00>.

I forgot to mention it needs to be a good beginner cube, not too fast or slow.
The only universal option is the Weipo. It is good for all level cubers. And its on sale now for $10. Or you can go for a Yuehun. Both of these are really good.

Dude Blu

Sub 35 cuber here....thinking of upgrading my cube from yj guanlong......should I buy a mf3rs2 or mf3rs2 m?? or instead of these should I buy a weilong gts 2(non magnetic)

Ps again saying I am still sub 35 and have no experience with fast cubes.... will the gts2 be too fast for me to control??

FireCuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Last edited by a moderator:

dskids

WCA
2017SKID01
Sub 35 cuber here....thinking of upgrading my cube from yj guanlong......should I buy a mf3rs2 or mf3rs2 m?? or instead of these should I buy a weilong gts 2(non magnetic)

Ps again saying I am still sub 35 and have no experience with fast cubes.... will the gts2 be too fast for me to control??
To answer your first question the MF3RS2 M is probably the best choice out of those three and will give you the most bang for your buck. A plain GTS 2 seems kinda pointless today. If I were you I wouldn't worry so much about the "speed" of a cube. You can set up any cube to be faster or slower depending on how you lubricate it. For example if your cube feels too fast you can add some heavier lube to it to reign in the speed a bit.

Just one bit of advice because I was at your stage not too long ago: Focus less on turning speed and focus more on stability and feel. Stability will do much more to improve your times at this stage (fewer catches/lockups, cleaner turning, etc). For that reason I highly recommend an affordable magnetic cube (like the MF3RS2M).