• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

DGCubes

WCA
2013GOOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Personally I think the GuanLong is a bit outdated, so I don't think you should go for that. From what I've heard and tried, the best budget cubes now are the QiYi Sail and the MF3RS, so I'd recommend looking into those. Also, the "YJ Yongjun" is probably some incorrectly advertised GuanLong (or some other YJ cube), because YJ is short for YongJun. :p

I'd assume the YuXin Little Magic is good too since @Tabe says it is, but I haven't personally seen any information on that cube.

Hazel

Premium Member
@DGCubes the little magic is amazing, I much prefer it over the MF3RS. Other than a bit of catching sometimes, the Magic is almost on par with things like the Valk.

Sandro Pastor

Personally I think the GuanLong is a bit outdated, so I don't think you should go for that. From what I've heard and tried, the best budget cubes now are the QiYi Sail and the MF3RS, so I'd recommend looking into those. Also, the "YJ Yongjun" is probably some incorrectly advertised GuanLong (or some other YJ cube), because YJ is short for YongJun. :p

I'd assume the YuXin Little Magic is good too since @Tabe says it is, but I haven't personally seen any information on that cube.

Is this the YuXin Little Magic? https://www.maskecubos.com/pt/3-x-3...l?search_query=Yuxin+little+magic&results=264
This is the YJ Yongjun I was talking about https://www.maskecubos.com/pt/3-x-3-x-3/41-yj-3x3-yongjun-6948571836021.html#/11-color-preto
The MF3RS and the QiYi Sail aren't for the sale on the website unfortunaly that's why I was looking up other options but I'll guess I'll wait for their new products.

DGCubes

WCA
2013GOOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Is this the YuXin Little Magic? https://www.maskecubos.com/pt/3-x-3...l?search_query=Yuxin+little+magic&results=264
This is the YJ Yongjun I was talking about https://www.maskecubos.com/pt/3-x-3-x-3/41-yj-3x3-yongjun-6948571836021.html#/11-color-preto
The MF3RS and the QiYi Sail aren't for the sale on the website unfortunaly that's why I was looking up other options but I'll guess I'll wait for their new products.

Pretty sure that's an older YuXin cube; not the Little Magic.

The YJ YongJun looks like a really old YJ cube; not sure what it is exactly, but it doesn't look like something worth getting. The YJ GuanLong on the other hand is still a decent cube. It's definitely better than a Rubik's brand if that's what you're currently using, and if you're not looking to break any world records, it's a fine choice.

I just got a 12.79 average of 5 on my GuanLong, and I average around 11.4 on a high-end modern speedcube, so honestly the difference is negligible for someone just starting out. If you really want a cube now (and you don't want to buy from a different store), the GuanLong is probably your best bet.

Sandro Pastor

The YJ YongJun looks like a really old YJ cube; not sure what it is exactly, but it doesn't look like something worth getting. The YJ GuanLong on the other hand is still a decent cube. It's definitely better than a Rubik's brand if that's what you're currently using, and if you're not looking to break any world records, it's a fine choice.

I just got a 12.79 average of 5 on my GuanLong, and I average around 11.4 on a high-end modern speedcube, so honestly the difference is negligible for someone just starting out. If you really want a cube now (and you don't want to buy from a different store), the GuanLong is probably your best bet.

Thank you, I'll guess I'll go with the YJ Guanlong then. It's fairly cheap so it's good. I'm currently just practicing the 2x2 because my Rubik's brand 3x3 is really old and cranky and it's basically unsolvable at a decent speed.

Sandro Pastor

I was checking the websites and found two more cubes I might be able to buy. They're the:
Are they any good?

applezfall

WCA
2016NAGR01

The Torrent

Which one is better, and why.

p.s is this the right area for this thread?? I'm new here and don't really get the navigation.